Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
The Income Tax Manager will be primarily responsible for managing the company’s global income tax function. The ideal candidate is passionate XXXXX, has strong technical and analytical skills, and the ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The Income Tax Manager position will be located at our headquarters office in San Francisco, CA and report to the XXXXXX.
- Assist in the preparation of the Company's quarterly and annual global income tax provision calculations and related financial statement disclosures, including computation of book to tax differences, tracking of deferred taxes inventory, and supporting tasks related to ASC 740-10 (FIN48)
- Compute and maintain various tax attributes schedules, with focus on state attributes
- Perform tax account analysis and reconciliations, as needed
- Assist in tax forecasts with multiple scenarios to aid planning and decision making
- Support worldwide SOX processes and maintain SOX compliance
- Support continuous improvements in tax provision processes by exercising out of the box thinking to optimize efficiency, including collaboration with internal process transformation team and other tax specialty groups
- Prepare insightful analytics summary for management review, including preparation and delivery of quarterly presentations
- Proactively manage and maintain provision project deadlines
- Coordinate and file US federal and state income & sales tax filings
- Manage all tax reporting requirements.
- Monitor changes in US and foreign tax law and accounting pronouncements related income tax filings and financial statement presentation of tax related items.
- Build collaborative working relationships across the organization
- 6 -8+ years of corporate tax experience with Big 4 accounting firm and/or corporate tax department
- Possess a solid understanding of ASC 740 principles, as well as federal and state tax concepts
- Strong computer skills utilizing MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Experience in financial systems (i.e. Oracle, Hyperion, Smartview, Essbase, data warehouse, etc.) and CORPTax compliance and provision
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication (both written & verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline driven, dynamic environment
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance, MS in Tax or CPA preferred