Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role:
The Crypto Lead will be the primary business owner of Robinhood’s crypto offering and will oversee day-to-day crypto operations. The Crypto Lead’s objective is to ensure that the risk and operational processes scale over time to meet business and regulatory needs.
Day to day, you will effectively monitor, manage, and enhance risk management, support regulatory compliance, and lead Robinhood’s crypto-related operational and strategic initiatives. The Crypto Lead will report directly to Robinhood’s VP of Business and be based in Menlo Park, CA.
As our Crypto Lead you’ll:
- Be responsible for overseeing day-to-day cryptocurrency strategy and operations
- Support new crypto initiatives from an operational, business, and compliance perspective
- Work closely with legal and compliance teams to set, maintain, and enhance regulatory, compliance, policies, and procedures
- Be responsible for crypto risk management relating to treasury, operations, and security
- Work closely with fraud and compliance teams to execute a robust AML and KYC program related to crypto
- Manage critical partner relationships and ensure customers receive an exceptional product experience
Some things we consider critical to being a Crypto Lead:
- Strong understanding of blockchain technology and mechanics
- 6+ years operational experience, ideally in a financial services or tech company context
- Broad experience creating, deploying, and automating operational systems and processes
- Ability to work with engineering and data for reporting and tooling, and legal and compliance for regulatory issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, or Computer Science - MBA or JD a plus
- Cryptocurrency industry experience
- Regulatory and/or compliance experience (e.g. anti-money-laundering, KYC, state money transmission laws)
- Retail customer experience