Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
This role will be an integral part of the Tax Team to help build a world-class function that will scale with the Company and business growth. You will work collaboratively as a leader with cross functional teams, while establishing best of class operations & processes. To be successful in this role, you will need a proven track record of technical & strategic competence, outstanding project management, exceptional communication skills, and most of all, a team player. You thrive in an ever-changing fast paced environment and are always ready to execute both short & long-term tax initiatives required to support the Company’s dynamic growth.
- Build and foster strong cross-functional relationships.
- Lead global tax provision and ASC 740 accounting cycle, including footnotes, disclosures, permanent/temporary differences, discrete items, rate reconciliation, inventory of deferred assets/liabilities, taxes payable and deferred roll forwards/reconciliations, valuation allowances, tax rates, return-to-provision adjustments, and tax journal entries.
- Manage completion and review of tax compliance with respect to U.S. and international operations, tax credits, tax rates, return-to-provision analysis, tax compliance memos, monitoring worldwide tax compliance, SOX processes, and ensuring that all tax accounts in the financial statements are accurate.
- Determine tax reserves (FIN 48 & FAS 5) and related disclosures with respect to U.S. operations, including monitoring the tax environment to ensure that the tax reserves are reasonable and lead any voluntary disclosures that may be required.
- Provide forecasts and guidance with respect to U.S. and non-U.S. future effective tax rates and cash taxes.
- Ensure that all tax accounts/information is properly reflected in the financial statements, including income taxes payable, deferred assets/liabilities, provision for income taxes (current and deferred provision), tax adjustments in the statement of cash flows and stockholders' equity as well as coordination with the Company's auditors.
- Manage tax related audits
- 10+ years of experience in Big 4 accounting firm and/or multinational publicly listed company
- Expert knowledge of US GAAP accounting for taxes and internal controls
- Expert knowledge of US tax laws and regulations and the ability to apply them to new situations
- Strong knowledge of state and local corporate income and sales/use tax
- Strong knowledge of a tax provision and return tools and the ability to design and operate a system for compliance
- Ability to get things done and comfortable with fast changing environments
- Proven track record of building, developing & leading a team
- Experienced with public company transformation
- Experienced with tax software, and system implementation
- Excellent interpersonal skills