Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
This individual will directly oversee the Enterprise Risk Management program and team. The Enterprise Risk team 1) establishes company-wide policies and requirements, 2) oversees programs to mitigate risks, 3) monitors business compliance with requirements, and 4) reports testing results to Robinhood senior leadership and the Board of Directors. Our mission is to put risk monitoring and control mechanisms in place that enable Robinhood to become a public company and make smart, metric-driven decisions that maximize risk / reward trade-offs.
In this role, you’ll need to have the capability to lead several projects related to enterprise risk, manage critical relationships with key stakeholders and auditors, and drive process improvements for the risk program and team. This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and reports directly to the VP of Risk and Compliance.
- Build and manage a growing team of risk program managers with specialized skills
- Drive the Enterprise Risk program strategy and oversee execution
- Evangelize the risk management framework and methodology to internal stakeholders, and implement frameworks and internal control mechanisms
- Perform an annual risk assessment and prepare a written summary of Robinhood’s top risks, owners, and remediation activities and controls in place
- Monitor the effectiveness of functional-level risk management programs (e.g. Ops Risk Committee, Vendor Due Diligence, Security Engineering Programs, etc.)
- Ensure adequate policies and procedures are put in place to reduce top company risks
- Conduct risk assessments, oversee mitigation plans and track closure of action items
- Manage any enterprise risk programs that do not live within a functional business area
- Oversee teams that document process and system risks and mitigating controls
- Centrally maintain governance, risk and control artifacts
- Develop risk training programs and roll-out to business stakeholders
- Consult product and teams on risk factors and drive the establishment metrics and monitoring of key risk indicators
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 12+ years of experience leading risk, control or audit organizations and initiatives
- 8+ years of people management experience
- Strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Experience conducting strategic assessments across banks, broker dealers, and other financial institutions
- Experience leading regulatory compliance initiatives
- Experience driving operational efficiencies by redesigning processes and implementing controls and technical solutions
- Strong familiarity with the US regulatory environment
- Composed under pressure, objective and diplomatic
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and analytical
- Advanced degree is a plus but not required
- 5+ years experience with a public accounting or consulting firm advising public companies on risk and control programs
- Relevant audit, risk and control certifications, such as CIA, CISA, CFE, CISSP
- Industry relevant certifications, such as Series 7 and 24
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.