Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role: As the Head of Business Operations you will lead the team that works across all other Robinhood teams to enable Robinhood’s growth and overall business success. You will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities and solving the strategic challenges that Robinhood’s operational teams, products, and services face. As Robinhood grows it will be increasingly important to identify opportunities to drive efficiency across our organization, ensure that our services and teams can scale, and are structured effectively to drive maximum value for our business and customers. This will require a strategic and action-oriented leader with a deep knowledge of Robinhood’s products and services as well as a keen understanding of Robinhood as an organization.
As the Head of Business Operations, you and your team will lead and deliver critical cross-functional initiatives, provide objective insights related to business and operational health, create alignment among teams, and identify new opportunities for products and services. This will require that you develop deep cross-functional relationships, maintain a holistic view of our business, and be able to identify game-changing new business opportunities. You will create project plans for getting new Robinhood businesses off the ground as well as look externally to understand industry best-practices and cultivate relationships with peer companies and industry thought-leaders. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Business.
- Build and manage the team responsible for identifying new business opportunities and initiatives that will take Robinhood to the next level
- Work with team leaders to identify and deliver on order-of-magnitude improvements to operational efficiency and scalability
- Solve complex business and operational constraint problems to enable new products and services at scale
- Support the growth and development of organizations across Robinhood
- Incubate new teams and fledgling business units, and support new leaders in building out their organizations
- Provide guidance on organization structure, hiring plans, and cross-team systems and processes
- Lead new office searches and create business expansion plans
- Coach and develop team talent to eventually join other teams as strategic leaders and operators
- Leverage data and metrics from all teams to assess overall business health and operational effectiveness
- MBA degree or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years working in strategic consulting, operations, product management or a cross-functional role
- Demonstrated exceptional leadership ability and team management skills
- Have an ownership mentality, be creative/visionary, and know how to get things done
- Demonstrated ability to effectively solve complex strategic problems in fast-paced environments