About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the Role
Robinhood is seeking to hire Security Engineers and Software Engineers to join our security team.
As a Security Engineer you will:
- Help manage our bug bounty program
- Assist with audit and development of security critical code
- Perform application assessments across all of Robinhood’s applications
- Build detection and monitoring for attacks on the application or infrastructure
- Write new security software tools/frameworks/scanners to better secure the software development at Robinhood
Some things we consider critical to being a Security Engineer:
- Experience as a Security Researcher or Engineer
- Strong foundation in computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography
- Experience in web app security, vulnerability research, and penetration testing
- Knowledge of network-based and system-level attacks and mitigation methods
- Familiarity with at least some of the following: Python, Go, Obj-C, C, bash
As a Software Security Engineer you will:
- Build tools and services that secure our platform and protect our users from attacks such as account takeover and phishing
- Build microservices for core infrastructure (authentication, authorization, and risk monitoring)
- Work with the product and backend engineering teams to build a user trust and safety product
- Work with the security team to fix any security bugs that are identified
- Work with the data science team to use patterns of suspicious activity to proactively build intelligence tools to predict and prevent potential attacks against the platform
Some things we consider critical to being a Software Security Engineer :
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud systems
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container based systems.
- Proficiency in Python, or similar dynamic programming language.
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL-like databases
- Experience building standalone APIs that can be consumed by various types of clients
- Experience working with Security, DevOps, and Incident Response teams.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.