About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida,Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is seeking to hire Security Engineers and Software Engineers to join our security team.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Helping manage our bug bounty program
- Assisting with audit and development of security critical code
- Performing application assessments across all of Robinhood’s applications
- Building detection and monitoring for attacks on the application or infrastructure
- Writing new security software tools/frameworks/scanners to better secure the software development at Robinhood
Software Security Engineer
- Building tools and services that secure our platform and protect our users from attacks such as account takeover and phishing
- Building microservices for core infrastructure (authentication, authorization, and risk monitoring)
- Working with the product and backend engineering teams to build a user trust and safety product
- Working with the security team to fix any security bugs that are identified
- Working with the data science team to use patterns of suspicious activity to proactively build intelligence tools to predict and prevent potential attacks against the platform
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Experience as a Security Researcher or Engineer
- Strong foundation in computer and network security, authentication, security protocols and applied cryptography
- Experience in web app security, vulnerability research, and penetration testing
- Knowledge of network-based and system-level attacks and mitigation methods
- Familiarity with at least some of the following: Python, Go, Obj-C, C, bash
Software Security Engineer
- Familiarity with AWS or other cloud systems
- Familiarity with Docker, Kubernetes, or other container based systems.
- Proficiency in Python, or similar dynamic programming language.
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL-like databases
- Experience building standalone APIs that can be consumed by various types of clients
- Experience working with Security, DevOps, and Incident Response teams
- Passion for working and learning in a fast-growing company
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.