About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is seeking to expand its legal department to support the needs of its growing business operations. As the Legal Operations Manager, you will be responsible for contract administration, management of budget, legal technology solutions, and the oversight of paralegals.
In addition, you will be responsible for creating processes and practices to improve the day-to-day efficiency and effectiveness of the legal team. This role will work closely with stakeholders throughout the company to guide best practices, and ultimately ensure legal process fluidity.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Identifying opportunities to improve processes, share best practices, and improve efficiency with the legal teams organizational structure, systems and technologies
- Developing and implementing legal team technology solutions (e.g., e-billing, contract and document management, approval workflow, e-signature, knowledge management, etc.)
- Implementing and managing legal team metrics, benchmarking, and reporting
- Managing legal vendors (outside counsel and vendors) to optimize efficiency and reduce spend, while ensuring quality in services
- Developing and managing vendor cost reduction strategies, including fee arrangement negotiations, payment processes, and governance of billing guidelines
- Building strong relationships within the legal team, and other cross-functional stakeholders including Finance, IT, Admin, and People
- Strategically managing paralegals and their respective projects and workflow
- Leading and supporting various ad hoc projects within the legal team as needed
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- B.A. or B.S. Degree
- 5+ years experience in the areas of legal operations or legal program management in-house or at a law firm.
- Experience with contract drafting and negotiation
- Experience managing a team including paralegals and analysts
- Experience building cross-functional company relationships
- Excellent business acumen, with verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and effect change, and process improvements
- Ability to maintain discretion and manage confidential information
- Experience in developing and implementing legal team technology solutions (e.g., e-billing, contract and document management, approval workflow, knowledge management, etc.)
- Experience leading the build out of certain aspects of legal team technological infrastructure from its inception
- Experience in house within a hyper-growth company (preferably tech) in a legal operations lead role
- Proven ability to think ahead, engage proactively and take initiative
- Ability to influence others and to think creatively to develop solutions for a diverse range of complex issues.
- Excellent strategic thinking and tactical execution skills. Adept at managing multiple, complex priorities and balancing the needs of various stakeholders
- Ability to inspire and lead others to success and influence to high performance
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.