Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the role
Robinhood has an immediate need for six paralegals to join our growing in-house legal team. As a paralegal, you will have an exciting opportunity to lead and weigh in on projects from a variety of legal disciplines: corporate, contracting, immigration, patents, and trademarks. In addition, you will be responsible for keeping Robinhood’s legal processes running smoothly and efficiently across various lines of business.
Paralegals and legal assistants with experiences in the following practice areas are encouraged to apply: Corporate, Commercial, Compliance, and Litigation.
In this role you will:
- Draft standard contracts; including confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, etc.
- Prepare and edit correspondence regarding contract matters, including coordinating distribution of contract versions to counter-parties
- Assist with corporate matters, including organization and management of corporate documents ( company's stock option plan)
- Coordinate with in-house and outside counsel on specific legal issues, and organization of research files and memoranda
- Maintain department calendar with deadlines drawn from general litigation, immigration, IP, corporate, tax, etc.
- Assist with basic eDiscovery, including reviewing court rules and procedures, document collection, and document production/Bates numbering
- Manage all internal contracts and filings in database
- Partner with technical personnel to automate processes and improve organizational efficiency
- Review and process invoices from outside counsel and legal vendors
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Paralegal certificate and/or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficiency working with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.), BOX, Docusign, and Carta
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
Some things that would be amazing to have for this role:
- Work experience in a law firm and within a in-house legal department
- Experience with e-Discovery processes and tools (e.g., Concordance, Catalyst, Relativity)
- Experience with contract management processes and tools
- Proficiency administering an employee stock option program or plan
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.