About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood has an immediate need for six paralegals to join our growing in-house legal team. As a paralegal, you will have an exciting opportunity to lead and weigh in on projects from a variety of legal disciplines: corporate, contracting, immigration, patents, and trademarks. In addition, you will be responsible for keeping Robinhood’s legal processes running smoothly and efficiently across various lines of business.
Paralegals and legal assistants with experiences in the following practice areas are encouraged to apply: Corporate, Commercial, Compliance, and Litigation.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Drafting standard contracts; including confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, etc.
- Preparing and editing correspondence regarding contract matters, including coordinating distribution of contract versions to counter-parties
- Assisting with corporate matters, including organization and management of corporate documents ( company's stock option plan)
- Coordinating with in-house and outside counsel on specific legal issues, and organization of research files and memoranda
- Maintaining department calendar with deadlines drawn from general litigation, immigration, IP, corporate, tax, etc.
- Assisting with basic eDiscovery, including reviewing court rules and procedures, document collection, and document production/Bates numbering
- Managing all internal contracts and filings in database
- Partnering with technical personnel to automate processes and improve organizational efficiency
- Reviewing and process invoices from outside counsel and legal vendors
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Paralegal certificate and/or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficiency working with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.), BOX, Docusign, and Carta
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
- Work experience in a law firm and within a in-house legal department
- Experience with e-Discovery processes and tools (e.g., Concordance, Catalyst, Relativity)
- Experience with contract management processes and tools
- Proficiency administering an employee stock option program or plan
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.