About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the role
Robinhood has an immediate need for six paralegals to join our growing in-house legal team. As a paralegal, you will have an exciting opportunity to lead and weigh in on projects from a variety of legal disciplines: corporate, contracting, immigration, patents, and trademarks. In addition, you will be responsible for keeping Robinhood’s legal processes running smoothly and efficiently across various lines of business.
Paralegals and legal assistants with experiences in the following practice areas are encouraged to apply: Corporate, Commercial, Compliance, and Litigation.
In this role you will:
- Draft standard contracts; including confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements, etc.
- Prepare and edit correspondence regarding contract matters, including coordinating distribution of contract versions to counter-parties
- Assist with corporate matters, including organization and management of corporate documents ( company's stock option plan)
- Coordinate with in-house and outside counsel on specific legal issues, and organization of research files and memoranda
- Maintain department calendar with deadlines drawn from general litigation, immigration, IP, corporate, tax, etc.
- Assist with basic eDiscovery, including reviewing court rules and procedures, document collection, and document production/Bates numbering
- Manage all internal contracts and filings in database
- Partner with technical personnel to automate processes and improve organizational efficiency
- Review and process invoices from outside counsel and legal vendors
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Paralegal certificate and/or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Proficiency working with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs, Sheets, etc.), BOX, Docusign, and Carta
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment
Some things that would be amazing to have for this role:
- Work experience in a law firm and within a in-house legal department
- Experience with e-Discovery processes and tools (e.g., Concordance, Catalyst, Relativity)
- Experience with contract management processes and tools
- Proficiency administering an employee stock option program or plan
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.