About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the role
Robinhood’s legal department is seeking a counsel to join the Litigation and Investigations practice group within its Legal Department. This role will report to the Head of Litigation and Investigations and will be responsible for end-to-end FINRA arbitrations and other customer litigation and related matters, assist with complex commercial litigation matters, conduct investigations, and respond to government inquiries.
In this role you will:
- Assist in the management of commercial disputes, litigations, arbitrations, and investigations
- Respond to subpoenas, civil investigative demands, and similar information requests
- Coordinate discovery, including document collection and production
- Oversee and manage outside counsel, as needed
- Work closely with a litigation and investigations paralegal and/or e-discovery specialist to develop and implement e-discovery practices, policies and procedures; and assist with special projects as may be assigned
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Member of a US State Bar
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- 3+ years of experience conducting regulatory and internal investigations, responding to regulatory investigations, and managing civil litigation in state and federal courts
- Prior work experience at a top-tier law firm, in-house legal department and/or government agency
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams on time-sensitive litigation matters and investigations
Some things that would be amazing to have for this role:
- Experience with financial services or working with financial services clients and technology startups
- 4+ years in legal experience
- Experience with alternate dispute resolution
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.