About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the role
Robinhood’s legal department is looking for an attorney with legal experience in a financial services context who is excited to work at the intersection of technology and finance. Your advice and creativity will help shape the legal, product, and technology strategy for our fast growing fintech company.
Joining our small legal team requires an autodidactic mindset as you tackle legal problems from a variety of legal disciplines: securities law, financial services regulation, contract law, immigration, IP, employment, etc.
In this role you will:
- Advise, product, engineering, IT, business development, marketing, and other teams on a full range of issues related to product development and commercialization, including compliance with laws and regulations on privacy, data security, marketing, safety, consumer protection, risk management, and partner relations
- Draft, review, update, and negotiate foundational documents for product and service offerings (e.g., terms of service, privacy policies, and service change notifications)
- Build processes to improve the company’s operating efficiency and mitigate legal risk
- Research a range of novel legal questions and distill findings to advise internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with in-house and outside counsel to research complex legal and regulatory issues
- Partner with outside counsel with an eye toward driving business goals while effectively managing time and cost
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Member of a US State Bar, preferably in CA
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- 3+ years of legal practice, with some experience at a top tier law firm
- Experience advising clients/teams on legal issues related to product development
Some things that would be amazing to have for this role:
- Experience in the financial services industry or representing financial services clients, in an in-house capacity
- Experience developing compliance programs and advising accordingly
- Experience with data privacy regulations
- Experience with joint development agreements and partnerships
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.