About the Company
Robinhood is democratising our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in. Since launching in the U.S., Robinhood has empowered more than ten million Americans to participate in the financial markets. Now, we’re working on bringing Robinhood’s commission-free investing platform to the UK, our first international market. Be a part of the small and fast-growing London team that’s scaling our mission globally.
Robinhood was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016), a CNBC Disruptor 50 (2019), and recognised on LinkedIn’s Top Startups list (2018 & 2019). We’re backed with more than $860 million in capital from top-tier investors and were most recently valued at $7.6 billion. Robinhood has offices in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, United Kingdom.
About the role:
Research has been central to our product development and business strategy since the very beginning - and our team continues to grow, along with our user base and product. Working on the research team at Robinhood, you’ll help us systematically understand how people interact with financial products and how they think and feel about money.
As a User Experience Researcher Lead, you will:
- Proactively and independently identify and articulate high-impact questions from a product or business perspective
- Have the skills to answer those questions, including strong command of a range of qualitative methods and comfort with quantitative methods - especially survey development and related data analysis
- Independently plan and lead research end to end, including strategic, foundational, iterative, and evaluative research
- Represent the voice of the user throughout the whole product development process, working closely with PMs, designers, engineers, and leadership
- Clearly communicate your research insights to the right people at the right time, ensuring that the team translate research findings to product and business impact
- Contribute to the development of a data-driven understanding of Robinhood users and potential users that has a long shelf life, serving as a framework for research, product design and development, marketing, and business going forward
Some skills we consider critical to being a User Experience Researcher Lead:
- A total of 6-8+ years of qualitative research experience. Research experience can either be industry-only, or a combination of industry experience and an advanced degree that includes having done research in an academic setting
- Advanced degree, either Masters or PhD, in one Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Behavioural Economics, Anthropology, Sociology, or similar
- A demonstrable record of applying your research skills to create product and business impact
- Strong work ethic, excellent organisation and communication skills
- Most importantly, love and care for your craft