About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a Client Platform Engineer to join our growing Corporate Engineering team. As the founding Client Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and establishing our rapidly-growing company’s corporate infrastructure, from managing and securing employee endpoints and office networks to cloud service integration and employee account lifecycle.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Expanding Robinhood’s management infrastructure for user systems (macOS, Windows, and mobile)
- Designing and implementing world-class on-premise networks and associated communications systems across all Robinhood locations
- Managing endpoint security and automating the testing of alerting pipelines
- Integrating new and existing systems into Robinhood’s corporate account management / access provisioning systems and processes
- Building workflows to improve employee and contractor account lifecycle processing
- Working with Support Engineers in identifying opportunities for automation or other improvements, including creating self-service capabilities where possible
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Basic proficiency with Python or similar programming languages.
- A keen interest in security, automation, and improving productivity.
- Ability to juggle multiple problems and being scrappy about solving the right problems.
- Experience working with Security, DevOps, Corporate Engineering, IT teams.
- Hands-on experience with Unix and/or client engineering / administration (macOS, Windows) .
- Network administration experience
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud systems
- Experience with deployment tools and software deployment processes (e.g., git, Jenkins)
- Familiarity with modern configuration management and containerization systems (SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet,Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL-like databases
- Experience interacting with HTTP-based APIs (e.g., REST) and associated frameworks
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.