About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the role
Robinhood is looking for a Client Platform Engineer to join our growing Corporate Engineering team. As the founding Client Platform Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and establishing our rapidly-growing company’s corporate infrastructure, from managing and securing employee endpoints and office networks to cloud service integration and employee account lifecycle.
As a Client Platform Engineer you will:
- Expand Robinhood’s management infrastructure for user systems (macOS, Windows, and mobile).
- Design and implement world-class on-premise networks and associated communications systems across all Robinhood locations.
- Manage endpoint security and automate the testing of alerting pipelines.
- Integrate new and existing systems into Robinhood’s corporate account management / access provisioning systems and processes.
- Build workflows to improve employee and contractor account lifecycle processing.
- Work with Support Engineers in identifying opportunities for automation or other improvements, including creating self-service capabilities where possible.
A few things we consider critical to being a Client Platform Engineer:
- Basic proficiency with Python or similar programming languages.
- A keen interest in security, automation, and improving productivity.
- Ability to juggle multiple problems and being scrappy about solving the right problems.
- Experience working with Security, DevOps, Corporate Engineering, IT teams.
- Hands-on experience with Unix and/or client engineering / administration (macOS, Windows) .
A few things that are nice to have:
- Network administration experience.
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud systems.
- Experience with deployment tools and software deployment processes (e.g., git, Jenkins).
- Familiarity with modern configuration management and containerization systems (SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet,Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL-like databases
- Experience interacting with HTTP-based APIs (e.g., REST) and associated frameworks.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.