About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the role
This regulatory inquiries counsel will be responsible for drafting and supporting the responses to regulatory inquiries and operating at a high level. Robinhood’s legal department is looking for an attorney with experience in responding to regulatory inquiries regarding a wide variety of topics including: compliance risk and vulnerabilities, firm processes, procedures, and controls, and other queries resulting from regulatory exams and queries. This person will be responsible for helping to ensure the Firm’s compliance with Firm policy, and SEC and FINRA regulations.
In this role you will:
- Support compliance staff interaction with multiple regulators including SEC and FINRA
- Respond to legal queries and help craft Robinhood’s response to regulatory exams, cause exams and routine inquiries
- Work closely with compliance counterparts to solve legal escalations
- Establish and implement legal oversight for all productions to regulatory inquiry responses and exam interaction
- Redesign and implement legal processes to support firm-wide compliance procedures and improve quality and scalability
- Provide legal support and oversight over Robinhood’s customer complaints process and 4530 report filing
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- 10+ years working in a broker-dealer with a focus in examinations and regulatory inquiries
- Familiarity with regulations relevant to broker-dealers including: Securities Exchange Act of 1934, Regulation T, FINRA Rules
- Expertise in navigating financial regulatory audit/examination processes
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and organization
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.