Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for a product leader to help build and scale our underlying platforms that enable us to serve our millions of customers, In this role, you will lead a team of product managers that help drive the development and scaling of these platforms. Your product scope will span across our clearing and settlement products, customer service, trust, fraud, and infrastructure. You’ll empower a team of product managers to prioritize and ship new features and systems that enable us to rapidly build and innovate new products, ensuring we maintain a high level of stability while mitigating risks. You’ll report directly into Robinhood’s VP Product and will collaborate closely with leaders across engineering, data, operations, finance, risk, compliance to plan our platform strategy and drive product velocity.
As the Head of Platform Product, you’ll:
- Grow and lead a team of product managers who are driving core areas of our platform (clearing, risk, fraud, compliance, support)
- Be responsible for building and driving processes that help us ship high quality products and features smoothly
- Work closely with product operations and our broader operations teams (support, compliance, brokerage, clearing) to ensure Robinhood products are driving business needs forward
- Build a platform strategy that helps us increase our velocity, while reducing company risk and increasing the stability of our systems. In essence, you own the velocity triangle of speed, risk, and stability.
- Dig into data and user research to understand our customers - external and internal - and use that data to make product decisions
- Partner with other product leadership to build our global product roadmap and strategy
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Team building: Solid team leadership skills and demonstrated ability to motivate and influence others. Experience in managing teams of product managers working on different product areas
- Technical partnership: Outstanding technical, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, along with an ability to collaborate cross-functionally
- Strategic planning at scale: A strong track record of strategic planning capabilities and a history of successfully scaling businesses through phases of rapid growth. (It’s great if at least some of this has been in a startup environment). You understand how to communicate complex systems and processes, to people of different backgrounds and disciplines, to ensure that people understand them
- Finance experience (nice to have) - We have a team of financial experts across our operations, risk, and compliance organizations who can give you clear requirements for what we need. Regardless you should be passionate about the future of finance and have demonstrated experience of being a fast learner in new fields. Prior experience in finance is considered extra credit
- Past experience: 7-10 years in product management along with at least 3 years in a leadership role. You should be proud of the impact from many of the things you have shipped in your career already
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.