Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
The Global AML & Sanctions Strategy head will be responsible for designing and operationalizing the BSA/AML function to support current and new business lines and regulatory audits. Reporting to the Robinhood Enterprise BSA/AML Director, this candidate will help design and expand the CIP/ Sanctions escalations and AML operations so that it scales to support Robinhood’s ambitious growth plans. The candidate will design, implement and iterate on our program, overseeing the QA (Quality Assurance) and EDD (Enhanced Due Diligence) Operations, and implementation of the model validation program. They will be responsible for managing regulatory risk and for compliance with Firm policy, SEC rules, FINRA regulations, individual State money transmission and crypto license regulations. The candidate will also work cross-functionally to champion a compliant culture and business.
As Global AML & Sanctions Strategy Head you'll:
- Design and test AML and Sanctions controls in areas such as Onboarding/KYC, Sanctions screening, AML alert reviews, AML Investigations, Customer Risk Scoring.
- Support the design and operationalization of related Written Supervisory Procedures, new product launches, and new regulations.
- Manage day to day operations of the QA and EDD functions.
- Manage and resolve escalated issues from product, support and operations teams.
- Build and mentor a team of compliance professionals who will focus on building a best in class compliance function.
- Serve as the deputy to the Enterprise BSA/AML Director.
Some things we consider critical for the role:
- 8+ years Financial Industry experience.
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements.
- Trustworthy, self-motivated and able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Great communication and relationship management skills.
- A passion for Robinhood’s product and our mission to democratize access to the financial system.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- FINRA Series 7, 24 licenses, CAMs certification
5+ years working in back office of brokerage operations, banking and/or compliance.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.