Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
The Robinhood team is passionate about delivering an excellent end-customer experience and mitigating firm risk while supporting cutting-edge brokerage products. They serve as a valuable resource to the clearing, compliance, product, and engineering teams to improve, maintain, and scale Robinhood’s products and systems.
As Execution Quality Manager, you will serve as the subject matter expert in trade execution and own the regular and rigorous review for execution quality review at Robinhood. This includes holding expertise in trading strategy, market architecture, regulatory rules, and Robinhood’s order handling procedures and systems. You’ll be expected to research and evaluate sub-optimal executions across all asset classes, monitor and record trends in order flow and execution quality, correspond with Robinhood’s execution partners, identify optimization opportunities, and design, implement, and improve operational processes and procedures.
As the Execution Quality Manager you’ll:
- Take ownership of regular and rigorous review of execution quality and order flow
- Oversee day-to-day management of the execution quality team
- Command deep knowledge of Equities Trading, Options Trading & Margin
- Foster the long-term professional development of the individuals on your team, identifying strengths and weaknesses and working alongside them to improve performance over time
- Provide coaching for your team on relevant financial services subject matter
- Foster a culture of professionalism, customer advocacy, personal development, and regulatory compliance on your team and beyond
- Work with your team to recognize patterns of quality concerns so that the underlying issue can be documented and eliminated by our engineering teams.
- Be a strong advocate for getting our customers the best possible executions
- Act as a subject matter expert in execution quality across the organization
- Identify inefficiencies or gaps in operational processes and procedures, then design and implement solutions
- Create and present documentation of the quality received from our market centers for the Execution Quality Committee
- Document standard operating procedures and processes
- Track changes to regulations and best practices regarding execution quality
Some things we consider critical to being the Execution Quality Manager:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- FINRA Series 7, Series 24, Series 63
- Comprehensive knowledge of and passion for trading in regard to execution quality, market architecture, trading strategies, and rules and regulations
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Assertive self-starter with ability to work independently
- Resourceful and adaptive in fast-paced, entrepreneurial environments
- FINRA Series 4, 57
- 10+ years working in financial services
- Familiarity with brokerage operations and consumer technology
- Experience managing projects interfacing with technical and non-technical teams
- Demonstrated ability to scale operations and processes in a fast-paced organization
- Experience with S3 systems