Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
The Head of Internal Audit will lead all aspects of the Audit Department and be responsible for overseeing an annual company-wide risk assessment and the delivery of audits on the internal audit plan. In this role you will be responsible for hiring and developing top talent; evaluating systems, processes and controls; partnering with business teams to support the company’s growth and expansion, and ensuring timely and accurate audit reports. You will be a hands-on leader, but also able to look around corners to anticipate people, process and technology needs to enable us to scale.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and reports directly to the VP of Risk and Compliance.
- Implement innovative ideas and use of technology to expand and scale audit capabilities
- Lead and manage a growing team of internal auditors with specialized skills
- Develop and / or maintain the audit framework, process and tools
- Perform company-wide risk assessments and develop a risk-based audit plan
- Create audit reports and present to the senior leadership team and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors
- Track business commitments and ensure action items are closed and resolved
- Be a strong advocate for continuous improvement in our system of internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Experience building high-performing teams and managing people
- Strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Experience with data analysis tools and techniques
- Ability to partner with business and technology leaders to identify optimal solutions that resolve process or technology control gaps
- Demonstrated ability to effectively drive multiple competing priorities
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 12+ years of experience with IT and Operations auditing, risk management, IT Compliance, Information Security, IT program or project management, and/or software development
- Strong risk management experience, including: performing assessments and audits, designing controls, managing enterprise control frameworks, and prioritizing risk.
- Familiarity with modern transaction processing environments
- Experience analyzing large datasets and drawing meaningful conclusions
- Big 4 consulting experience
- CISA, CISSP, CISM certifications
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.