Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
The Director of Compliance will be responsible for designing and executing the compliance functions of Robinhood Securities (“RHS”), Robinhood’s clearing broker-dealer. Reporting to Robinhood Securities Chief Compliance Officer, this candidate will help design the compliance function so that it scales to support Robinhood’s ambitious growth plans. The person in this role will design, implement and iterate on our compliance program overseeing the following brokerage back-office areas; cashiering, securities processing, settlements, securities lending and reporting functional areas. One of the responsibilities is managing regulatory risk and for compliance with Firm policy, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations. This person will also work cross-functionally to champion a compliant culture and business.
As RHS Compliance Director you'll:
- Design and test internal compliance controls in areas such as new accounts, acats, cashiering, securities processing, trading and markets, which include Best EX, trade reporting in OATS, LOPR, CAT,and settlements.
- Execute Robinhood Securities’ back office related to Written Supervisory Procedures.
- Lead the team in processing Robinhood Securities’ regulatory inquiries and customer complaints.
- Manage and resolve escalated issues from product, support and operations teams.
- Build and mentor a team of compliance professionals who will focus on building a best in class compliance function for RHS.
- Serve as the AML officer for Robinhood Securities.
Some things we consider critical for the role:
- 8+ years Broker-Dealer experience.
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements.
- Trustworthy, self-motivated and thriving in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Great communication and relationship management skills.
- A passion for Robinhood’s product and our mission to democratize access to the financial system.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- FINRA Series 7, 24 and 4 (or ability to obtain Series 4) licenses.
- 5+ years working in back office brokerage operations and/or compliance.
Some things we consider a plus for the role:
- Clearing and Operations experience
- Experience working with regulators and/or completing a ROOR exam
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.