About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the role:
Robinhood is looking for Security Engineers to join our growing security team. As a Security Engineer, Detection and Response, you will help us build and operate infrastructure and automation to detect and respond to security threats. You’ll partner closely with stakeholders across the company to improve our overall security posture. In addition, you will be critical in further developing our user trust and safety infrastructure to ensure that our users’ data and information is protected using the best mechanisms available. To be successful in this role, you will need to be agile, adapt to the growing needs of the business, and ensure that the security organization is seen as a facilitator rather than a blocker.
As a Security Engineer, Detection and Response, you’ll:
- Build and operate infrastructure and automation to detect and respond to intrusions and security threats
- Develop detection strategies to identify anomalous behaviors and attacks
- Mature and lead our incident response and investigations protocols
- Build and document protocols and playbooks pertaining to incident response
Some things we consider critical to being a Security Engineer, Detection and Response:
- Deep understanding of information security principles and defense in depth techniques
- Background in incident response, threat hunting, forensics, intrusion detection, or threat intelligence
- Ability to partner effectively with peers and cross-functional groups across the company to ensure strong security practices and partnerships
- Ability to troubleshoot last-minute changes and stay calm under pressure
- Experience with common attack scenarios in internal infrastructure
- Experience analyzing massive data sets to separate signal from noise in order to build high fidelity dashboards and alerts
- Prior hands-on experience with security technologies such as Splunk, SumoLogic, or experience building security monitoring on top of open source stacks such as ELK
Nice to haves:
- Experience with NIST security frameworks
- Programming experience in Python, Golang, or similar programming languages
- Experience working within highly regulated environments
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.