Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
Robinhood is looking for a Security Operations Engineer to join our growing security team. As a Security Operations Engineer, you will help us build and operate infrastructure and automation to detect and respond to security threats. You’ll partner closely with stakeholders across the company to improve our overall security posture. In addition, you will be critical in further developing our user trust and safety infrastructure to ensure that our users’ data and information is protected using the best mechanisms available. To be successful in this role, you will need to be agile and adapt to the growing needs of the business and ensure that the security organization is seen as a facilitator rather than a blocker.
As a Security Operations Engineer, you’ll:
- Build and operate infrastructure and automation to detect and respond to intrusions and security threats
- Develop detection strategies to identify anomalous behaviors and attacks
- Mature and lead our incident response and investigations protocols
- Build and document protocols and playbooks pertaining to incident response
Some things we consider critical to being a Security Operations Engineer
- Deep understanding of information security principles and defense in depth techniques
- Background in incident response, threat hunting, forensics, intrusion detection, or threat intelligence
- Ability to partner effectively with peers and cross-functional groups across the company to ensure strong security practices and partnerships
- Ability to troubleshoot last-minute changes and stay calm under pressure
- Experience with common attack scenarios within our infrastructure
- Experience analyzing massive data sets to separate signal from noise in order to build high fidelity dashboards and alerts
- Prior hands-on experience with security technologies such as Splunk, SumoLogic, or experience building security monitoring on top of open source stacks such as ELK
Nice to haves:
- Experience with NIST security frameworks
- Programming experience in Python, Golang, or similar programming languages
- Experience working within highly regulated environments
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.