Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role:
Robinhood is hiring data infrastructure engineers to build the most reliable, scalable, performant and secure financial services data platform in the world. Our team provides stable infrastructure, world-class tooling and operational guidance that enables data driven decisions across Robinhood to confidently ship complex financial systems at a breakneck pace.
As a Data Infrastructure Engineer you will:
- Own and operate all aspects of our data infrastructure across all environments.
- Support engineers in building the next-generation data systems. This can be anything from scaling our Spark, Presto and Hive deployments to helping spin up new systems for a large project rollout.
- Automate common data management workflows.
- Serve in the operations on-call rotation to ensure our data infrastructure is highly available for our internal customers
Some things we consider critical to being an Infrastructure Engineer:
We’re a small, dynamic team serving a highly ambitious organization. Our work spans multiple areas of expertise, including site reliability, performance, cloud infrastructure and operations. The ideal candidate will be great in a couple of these areas, but is also willing to learn, dig in and contribute across many areas. In general, you’ll need:
- Experience and empathy in building products/systems/tools for engineers.
- Hands-on experience building and scaling products/systems/tools that support microservice- oriented architectures and related OSS technologies (e.g. Kafka, Celery/RabbitMQ, Redis, Airflow).
- Experience with running large-scale distributed computing infrastructure such as Spark, Hive, Presto.
- Experience working with cloud-native infrastructure on a public cloud (we’re an AWS shop).
- Extensive familiarity with the Linux internals.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Statsd.
- Strong foundation in Infrastructure as Code and configuration management using tools like Terraform, SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Kubernetes.
- Ability to write clean and maintainable code, preferably in Python and/or Go.
Some awesome projects on our roadmap:
- Build a robust experimentation platform for both backend and front-end experimentation and feature rollout
- Scale our data-lake and distributed computation frameworks for engineers and data-scientists
- Enable real-time database and streaming applications for applications such as anomaly-detection and risk monitoring
Technologies we use:
- Celery ~ Written by our very own Ask Solem
- Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana (ELK)
- Redshift + AWS Suite
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.