Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
We are building an IT Audit Team that will be responsible for overseeing an annual company-wide risk assessment and the delivery of audits on the audit plan. As an IT Auditor, you would be responsible for evaluating technical aspects of systems, processes and controls; partnering with business teams to support the company’s growth and expansion, and ensuring timely and accurate audit reports. These reports will be presented to the senior leadership team and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and reports directly into the Head of Internal Audit.
- Execute the internal audit’s annual risk assessment and audit plan and deliver results on time
- Work on risk-based audit programs to achieve audit objectives for assigned audit projects
- Proactively interact with engineering and technical teams to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Identify, document, and map systems and technology controls of applicable financial and operational areas per the scope of the audit project
- Facilitate internal and external communications, including interacting with regulators
- Implement innovative ideas and use of technology to expand and scale audit capabilities (audit center of excellence)
- Develop and/or maintain the audit framework, process and tools
- Advocate for continuous improvement in our system of internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 5+ years of auditing experience in a public accounting firm or large company, including IT and Operations auditing, risk management, IT Compliance, Information Security, IT program or project management, and/or software development
- 2+ years of financial services industry experience
- Strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Experience with data analysis tools and techniques
- Ability to partner with business and technology leaders to identify optimal solutions that resolve process or technology control gaps
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Familiarity with modern transaction processing environments
- Experience analyzing large datasets and drawing meaningful conclusions
- Big 4 consulting experience
- CISA, CISSP, CISM certifications
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.