About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We are building an IT Audit Team that will be responsible for overseeing an annual company-wide risk assessment and the delivery of audits on the audit plan. As an IT Auditor, you w be responsible for evaluating technical aspects of systems, processes and controls; partnering with business teams to support the company’s growth and expansion, and ensuring timely and accurate audit reports. These reports will be presented to the senior leadership team and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors. This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and reports directly into the Head of Internal Audit.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Executing the internal audit’s annual risk assessment and audit plan and delivering results on time
- Working on risk-based audit programs to achieve audit objectives for assigned audit projects
- Proactively interacting with engineering and technical teams to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Identifying, documenting, and mapping systems and technology controls of applicable financial and operational areas per the scope of the audit project
- Facilitating internal and external communications, including interacting with regulators
- Implementing innovative ideas and use of technology to expand and scale audit capabilities (audit center of excellence)
- Developing and/or maintaining the audit framework, process and tools
- Advocating for continuous improvement in our system of internal controls
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 5+ years of auditing experience in a public accounting firm or large company, including IT and Operations auditing, risk management, IT Compliance, Information Security, IT program or project management, and/or software development
- 2+ years of financial services industry experience
- Strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Experience with data analysis tools and techniques
- Ability to partner with business and technology leaders to identify optimal solutions that resolve process or technology control gaps
- Master’s degree in a relevant field of study
- Familiarity with modern transaction processing environments
- Experience analyzing large datasets and drawing meaningful conclusions
- Big 4 consulting experience
- CISA, CISSP, CISM certifications
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.