About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Commission and Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal to learn more.
Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC) and Robinhood Crypto, LLC.
About the Role
The Senior Manager, Technical Accounting & Reporting will play an integral part in Robinhood’s success as our first Technical Accounting & Reporting hire. In this role you will have the unique opportunity to build the entire external reporting process from the ground up, own Robinhood’s accounting policies and work on complex transactions by teaming with Legal and Business teams from negotiation to close. This position reports to our VP, Controller and will be located in Menlo Park.
- Develop and maintain the financial reporting function including eventual creation of 10-Q's, 10-K's, proxy statements, earnings releases and other forms of SEC financial reports
- Oversee the preparation and review of all statements and disclosures within financial statements, such as cash flow statement, statement of stockholders’ equity and EPS
- Be a trusted business partner and advisor to various stakeholders within Finance and Accounting and across the company including Legal, Business and Tax
- Develop and maintain effective internal controls in relation to the Financial Reporting process
- Coordinate with Legal, Tax and Treasury on periodic and ad hoc financial reporting requests
Technical Accounting & Accounting Policy
- Establish, develop and maintain Robinhood’s Accounting Policies
- Oversee the technical accounting function including all significant transactions; identifying, analyzing and applying technical guidance, documenting accounting memos, and providing training to internal Finance and Accounting group
- Monitor, assess and implement new accounting pronouncements applicable to the company and proactively partner with stakeholders to analyze the impact on the operational and/or financial performance of the company
- Be responsible for stock-compensation and related calculations, forecasts and journal entries
- Be a proactive liaison with external auditors to drive a timely closure of technical accounting matters and annual audits
- 8+ years of progressive experience in technical accounting and financial reporting role
- Combination of private industry and public accounting experience; Big 4 experience preferred
- Prior experience in designing, implementing, and documenting policies and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of U.S. GAAP, including ability to research accounting literature, establish a position and develop procedures for implementation
- Ability to interpret complex technical guidance and effectively present the Company’s accounting position both in written and verbal form
- Ability to hire, develop and retain a high-performing team
- Experience working with Workiva Wdesk and Oracle Cloud
- Experience at a fintech company or high-growth startup
- MBA is a plus