Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
This individual will directly oversee critical components of the Enterprise Risk Management program and team. In this role, you’ll need to have the capability to lead several projects related to enterprise risk, manage critical relationships with key stakeholders and auditors, and drive process improvements for the risk program and team.
This position is located in Menlo Park, CA and reports directly to the VP of Risk and Compliance.
- Build and manage a growing team of program managers with specialized skills
- Drive the Enterprise Risk Program strategy and oversee execution
- Evangelize the risk management framework and methodology to internal stakeholders
- Provide risk training and awareness
- Consult on the evaluation of the business’ key risks and drive establishment and monitoring of key risk indicators
- Conduct risk assessments, oversee mitigation plans and track closure of action items
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study
- 8+ years of experience conducting strategic assessments across banks, broker dealers, and other financial institutions
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience in defining risk mitigation and leading regulatory compliance initiatives
- Experience driving operational efficiencies by redesigning processes and implementing technical solutions
- Strong project management, organizational, oral and written communication skills
- Strong familiarity with the US regulatory environment
- Composed under pressure, objective and diplomatic
- Highly detail-oriented, organized, and analytical
- Series 7, 24, 4 certifications, CRISC, CISA, CRMC, CERP, ACAMS or other related certification
- Advanced degree is a plus but not required
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.