About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
Come and help us democratize access to financial systems. Robinhood’s legal department is looking for an attorney with experience in financial services policy issues who is excited to work at the intersection of regulation, technology, and finance.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Working on federal and governmental relations
- Facilitating participate in industry associations
- Navigating complex regulatory frameworks to design innovative financial products and services
- Monitoring legislative, banking, SEC/FINRA, and SRO rule developments and making resulting recommendations
- Identifying and drafting necessary changes to the firm’s systems and procedures to meet the requirements of new rules/regulations
- Developing partnerships to help drive policy efforts
- Arranging policy conversations and long-term partnerships with relevant third parties stakeholders
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Member of a US State Bar
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- 8+ years of work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Expertise in communicating legal requirements in the financial services sector
- Knowledge and experience in financial services public policy issues
- Keen attention to detail and organization
- Track record of project design, development and execution as well content creation
- Ability to drive cross-functionally and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Ability to learn new software and cloud-based tools as needed (e.g. Docusign, Google apps, file management tools)
- 8-15 years of work experience, preferably in the financial services sector
- At least one of the following work experiences:
- Top law firms
- Financial regulator at the state or federal level
- Within the public policy or legal department of a Financial Institution
- Financial Services Trade Association
- Legal education: degree from top law school, recognized academic achievement in law school, or law review experience
- Eager to learn about new and emerging technologies
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.