Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About The Role
To democratize the financial system, we’re going to its core: financial news and literacy. This position is vital to the growth of financial education resources and daily news content. If you want to change how people access, experience, and digest financial news and information, we want you on our team.
What you’ll do
- Channel the Robinhood “voice” in all the content you produce.
- Write stand-out financial literacy articles to empower people to start investing and take control over their finances.
- Distill complex concepts into clear, easily understood language.
- Work with our Growth Team to implement keywords and SEO practices into curated content.
- Manage breaking news updates distributed to Robinhood users on the companies they hold or care about.
- Shepherd content through the approval process to meet publishing deadlines.
- Build a relationship with our users through engaging copy and storytelling.
- Help develop and maintain our content standards.
- Pitch, report, and write editorial features for our learn center.
- Support the editing and growth of Snacks news content (the Robinhood Snacks email newsletter and podcast), covering stories on market-moving companies, relevant brands, and key events.
- Help define our editorial strategy and content calendar so content is consistent and compelling across all delivery streams.
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of content writing, journalism, or relevant experience in the financial industry.
- Eagerness to make people’s financial lives better through fantastic written work.
- Ability to combine business smarts and creative wit to produce compelling, engaging, and informative writing that stands out.
- Experience defining, tracking, and reporting on content metrics and ability to communicate this effectively to the team.
- Ability to find new, interesting angles on old topics and uncover new stories
- Analytical thinker who can critically evaluate written content and adhere to company editorial guidelines consistent with Robinhood's long term goals
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Savvy media skills with fresh ideas to scale the distribution of our news and financial literacy brand and articles.
- Passion for specific companies, industries, or any areas of business news and financial education that drive you.
- Excellent research, reporting, and writing skills.
- Strong attention to detail.