About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the Role
The Fraud Operations Investigator will be responsible for evaluating the circumstances of a case of suspected fraud and make recommendations about future measures. This Investigator will undertake investigations that are often complex and require excellent interview and other communication skills, as well as the ability to build effective partnerships and work in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders.
As a Fraud Operations Investigator you will:
- Conduct comprehensive, detailed investigations of all fraud types.
- Conduct interviews with internal and external clients maintaining the highest level of professionalism.
- Conduct training sessions for internal and external clients, as necessary.
- Utilize internal systems and tools for obtaining information and documenting cases.
- Prepare investigative reports for AML escalation and/or management-- ensuring cases are documented in chronological order of events while only maintaining the facts therein.
- Ensure that cases that require regulatory filings are being referred to the appropriate department in a timely manner.
- Recover funds related to fraud through industry standard methods.
- Support lines of business within Robinhood.
- Attend monthly calibration sessions with peers and relevant internal staff to identify fraud trends and fraud rings.
- Report “Real time” fraud related activity; ensuring that the affected Robinhood area is being notified and provided fraud prevention tips.
- Multi-task and manage multiple cases at a time and maintain case closure Service Level Agreements within specified timeframes.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced fraud operations personnel.
Some things we consider critical to be a Fraud Operations Investigator:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years work experience in Fraud Operations.
- Knowledge and experience in external and internal fraud investigations.
- Skills in preventing and detecting any fraud, irregularity and theft.
- Experience in preventing, detecting, and investigating any signs of external and internal fraud.
- Specialist skills and the ability to apply a comprehensive approach in dealing with all types of fraud.
- Experience in dealing with victims as well as those suspected of being involved in any fraudulent activity and evidence gathering.
- Experience analyzing financial statements, bank records, government databases and other sources to identify fraud or other instances of financial crime.
- Experience in conducting fraud investigations and confirming a violation has occurred, then obtaining relevant documents and statements from involved parties.
- Ability to gather/analyze large amounts of data and be adept at using/managing spreadsheets and other methods of gathering, sorting and analyzing data.
- Great communication skills, both verbally and via written reports.
- High attention to detail and the ability to think strategically.
Nice to haves:
- Relevant experience in law enforcement or investigative fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Fraud Management, Law, Accounting, Criminal Justice, or Economic Crime.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation, Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and/or Certified Financial Crime Specialist (CFCS).
- Finance (brokerage, banking or insurance) experience.
- Strong knowledge of BSA, AML, USA Patriot Act, OFAC, Reg S-ID and privacy laws as they apply to financial institutions
- Familiarity with FINRA guidelines as well as state and federal statutes.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.