About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood’s Customer Experience team is committed to providing outstanding service to our customers -- many of whom are investing for the first time. At the heart of this effort is our team of dedicated Customer Experience Associates (CXAs) and Licensed Customer Experience Representatives (CXRs), who serve as the voice of our customers and help resolve issues quickly, efficiently and with empathy. In your role as Senior Customer Experience Manager, you will lead a team of CXAs and CXRs as they assist our ever-growing customer base.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Managing a team of 10-15 Licensed CX team members to produce outstanding results and improve their own skills
- Coaching and mentoring your team, overseeing their professional development and helping them achieve top metrics and high quality standards
- Fostering a culture of professionalism, customer advocacy, personal development, and regulatory compliance on your team and beyond
- Serving as a subject matter expert for our most escalated teams, covering the most complex subject areas of our operations: Options trading, Margin, Equities trading, and Day Trade regulations
- Interacting frequently with our Middle-Office, Back-Office, Risk, and Compliance teams to discuss complex topics that your team will be assisting customers with
- Working with your team to recognize patterns of customer inquiries so that the underlying issue can be documented and eliminated by our engineering teams
- Handling customer escalations from your team
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 8+ years experience in customer-facing operations, either at a respected mid-stage startup or a retail broker-dealer
- 4+ years experience managing customer-facing teams
- Strong management toolkit with a reputation for leaving thriving employees in your wake
- Uncompromising integrity and strong dedication to professionalism
- Ability to think critically and apply logical problem-solving skills to isolate and resolve issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Interest in and familiarity with financial services and the stock market
- FINRA Series 7, 63, and 24 Licenses
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Ability to make data-driven decisions
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills (e.g. pattern recognition)
- Ability to concisely and accurately communicate complex topics
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.