Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About The Role
Robinhood’s Customer Experience team is committed to providing outstanding service to our customers -- many of whom are investing for the first time. At the heart of this effort is our team of dedicated Customer Experience Associates (CXAs) and Licensed Customer Experience Representatives (CXRs), who serve as the voice of our customers and help resolve issues quickly, efficiently and with empathy. In your role as Senior Customer Experience Manager, you will lead a team of CXAs and CXRs as they assist our growing ever-growing customer base. Your success as a manager will be measured by the professional development of your team members as well as your ability to coach and aide them in complex financial topics like Equities Trading, Margin, Day Trading Regulations, and Options trading.
Manage a team of 10-15 Licensed CX team members to produce outstanding results and improve their own skills. As a Senior CX Manager, we expect you to coach and mentor your team, overseeing their professional development and helping them achieve top metrics and high quality standards.
You will also serve as a subject matter expert for our most escalated teams, covering the most complex subject areas of our operations: Options trading. Margin, and Equities trading. As such, it is vital that you hold your Finra Series 24, 7, and 63 (or equivalent) licenses. Given the complex topics that your team will be assisting customers with, you will interact frequently our Middle-Office, Back-Office, Risk, and Compliance teams in your role as manager.
As you increasingly demonstrate an advanced management toolkit, we may empower you to lead other CXMs as well.
- Oversee day-to-day management of a team of 10-15 Licensed CXRs
- Command deep knowledge of Equities Trading, Options Trading, Margin, and Day Trade regulations.
- Foster the long-term professional development of the individuals on your team, identifying strengths and weaknesses and working alongside them to improve performance over time
- Provide coaching for your team on relevant financial services subject matter and excellent customer service
- Foster a culture of professionalism, customer advocacy, personal development, and regulatory compliance on your team and beyond
- Work with your team to recognize patterns of customer inquiries so that the underlying issue can be documented and eliminated by our engineering teams.
- Handle customer escalations from your team
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 8+ years experience in customer-facing operations, either at a respected mid-stage startup or a retail broker-dealer
- 4+ years experience managing customer-facing teams
- Strong management toolkit with a reputation for leaving thriving employees in your wake
- Uncompromising integrity and strong dedication to professionalism
- Ability to think critically and apply logical problem-solving skills to isolate and resolve issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Interest in and familiarity with financial services and the stock market
- FINRA Series 7, 63, and 24 Licenses
- Expert on Financial Services Subject Matter
- Experience in other Brokerage Firms
- Great coach / mentor
- Professional / integrous
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Strong Critical Thinking and Analytical Skills (e.g. pattern recognition)
- The ability to concisely and accurately communicate complex topics
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.