Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over four million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
Robinhood is looking for an IT Operations Engineer to join our growing Corporate IT team. As a founding member of the IT Operations team, you will be responsible for building the automation necessary to handle Robinhood’s growing team across multiple office locations. This will including building tools to improve access management, improving our fleet management capabilities, working on endpoint security, as well as building other internal tools to improve productivity for employees. In addition, you will be working with compliance to help us meet our regulatory obligations around communication archiving, and ensuring we’re staying compliant with various regulatory rules.
As an IT Operations Engineer you will:
- Help automate Robinhood’s access management and access provisioning processes
- Help build tooling to improve employee and contractor onboarding
- Help Robinhood progress in the journey towards the BeyondCorp model
- Work with IT Helpdesk Engineers in identifying process and automation improvements from incoming helpdesk tickets, including creating self service capabilities where possible.
- Develop and maintain AWS infrastructure for internal tools as well as Corporate IT infrastructure
- Develop Python-based tooling to provide archiving and discovery capabilities for various firm information (e.g.,internal communications) for compliance and regulatory purposes.
A few things we consider critical to being a IT Operations Engineer:
- Ability to juggle multiple problems and being scrappy about solving the right problems.
- Proficiency with Python or similar programming languages
- Experience working with AWS or other cloud systems.
- A keen interest in security, automation, and improving productivity.
- Familiarity with modern configuration management and containerization systems (SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet,Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- Experience working with Security, DevOps, and IT teams.
A few things that are nice to have:
- Experience with deployment tools and software deployment processes (e.g., git, Jenkins).
- Proficiency in SQL and SQL-like databases
- Experience building standalone APIs that can be consumed by various types of clients.
- Experience with ReactJS.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.