Robinhood is changing the way people invest. We believe our financial system should work for everyone and not just a few. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies all in one, user-friendly platform. Since our public launch in 2015, we've enabled millions of people to participate in the markets, cementing us as the fastest-growing brokerage ever.
About the Role
As Robinhood continues to grow rapidly, we’re looking for a Head of Customer Experience to build and lead our customer experience function and teams. As a key operations leader for Robinhood, you will be pragmatic with ability to operate with high degree of ambiguity with fast response to changes. Our customers mean a lot to us, and no matter who they are, we want to make sure we give them a great experience. Nestled just outside of Orlando, Florida, our Lake Mary office houses our Customer Experience team - the voice of the Robinhood experience and the first line of communication with Robinhood. While this is currently the primary site for the team, we expect to have new sites in the US and abroad as Robinhood continues to expand our business. You will provide thought leadership critical to scaling customer experience such as location strategy, insourcing vs outsourcing, contact rate reduction, process improvements, closed-loop feedback, while contributing to and protecting our unique company culture.
Our Customer Experience team members are subject matter experts on all things Robinhood. They answer questions and resolve whatever issues customers may have with their accounts, making sure customers leave feeling cared for, understood, and - most importantly - happy they’re using Robinhood. The team is also expected to develop and streamline the behind-the-scenes work such as making the job easier with a new process or tool. You will set up career development and training programs to help our Customer Experience Associates to grow their expertise and comfort with our suite of products over time. As they become more capable and valuable members of the team, they’ll take on greater responsibilities - i.e. handle more advanced customer issues, help out with training and interviews, develop solutions for common customer issues, and start managing workflows and processes.
The Head of Customer Experience, based in Lake Mary, Florida, will lead the CX team to deliver on our strategic vision, ensure operations rigor, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
As Head of Customer Experience you will:
- Lead Customer Experience for both internal and Vendor teams and drive world-class operations to provide superior customer experience for Robinhood customers
- Drive efficiency such as productivity and utilization of team. Establish metrics to measure customer satisfaction, operation effectiveness, and service levels. Use data science to analyze areas of improvements.
- Hire, train, manage a team of people as Robinhood grows. Establish scalable org structure and develop high performing leaders and managers.
- Establish an insource / outsource strategy to ensure the scalability of support operations. Determine which tasks should be outsourced. Hire and fire vendors, holding them accountable to specified SLAs and quality metrics.
- Set up closed loop feedback and processes to prioritize and influence product & tool needs to Product / Engineering; serve as a key stakeholder for new features and launches in the product;
- Provide clear and compelling vision for CX role in Robinhood. Contribute thought leadership on taking customer experience to the next level, set clear expectations on SLAs with customers. Collaborate internally on new growth initiatives.
Some things we consider critical to being the Head of Customer Experience:
- BA/BS degree
- 10-15 years of relevant work experience such as operations, CX or support
- College level written and verbal English proficiency
- Worked in quick changing industry and/or high growth companies with strong sense of focus and excellent attention to detail while working in a very fast-paced environment.
- People leadership experience, have managed teams
- MBA/MS degree, technical background and experience working collaboratively with product & engineering to develop tools and automation a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with data and operational details. Ability to solve complex problems, set goals and metrics. Statistics and experiments a plus.
- Experience in building and scaling large and diverse local and remote teams and cross functional organizations. Have hired & grown teams quickly. Strong planning and forecasting skills a plus.
- Experience in building and leading a multi-channel customer service operation in the financial services space.
- Strategic leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity with project and change management skills. Experience in outsourcing, contract negotiations and vendor management. Inspirational leadership a plus.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills. Ability to influence stakeholders across borders and functions a plus.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.