About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, and London, UK.
About the role
Robinhood’s legal department is looking for an attorney with legal experience in financial services who is excited to work at the intersection of technology and finance. Your advice and creativity will help shape the legal, product, and technology strategy for our fastest growing fintech company.
Based in Menlo Park, you will be responsible for supporting the commercial contracting needs of Robinhood’s expanding teams and for helping build out our legal processes. You must be able to balance legal and business risk with the needs of the business, have excellent deal management, and sound negotiation skills. Since we move fast here, it is imperative that you are able to thrive in a demanding fast-paced environment. We are looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience, but also a bit of humor.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Navigating a complex commercial landscape to help design innovative financial products and services
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating inbound, outbound, and partnership commercial agreements from variety of domains (real estate, cloud services, marketing, etc.)
- Troubleshooting commercial issues, agilely devise workable solutions to support the business, and improve legal forms, processes, and procedures
- Educating internal business teams on contract terms, negotiation best practices, commercial implications, legal risks etc.
- Building internal processes to improve the company’s operating efficiency, and mitigate legal risk
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Member of a US State Bar
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- 2+ years of work experience as an attorney
- Demonstrated experience leading a range of complex deal negotiations
- Proficiency managing a high volume of deals under tight deadlines with regularly shifting priorities and process updates
- Experience working with international teams and cross functionally within organizations
- Experience with software-as-a-service agreements; complex technology transactions; and joint development agreements
- 1-2 years in-house experience
Feeling ready to give 100% to democratizing our financial system? We’d love to have you apply, even if you feel unsure about whether you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Robinhood, we’re looking for people invigorated by our mission, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.