Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the role
Robinhood’s legal department is looking for an attorney with legal experience in financial services who is excited to work at the intersection of technology and finance. Your advice and creativity will help shape the legal, product, and technology strategy for one of the fastest growing fintech companies.
Based in Menlo Park, you will be responsible for supporting the commercial contracting needs of Robinhood’s expanding teams and for helping build out our legal processes. You must be able to balance legal and business risk with the needs of the business, have excellent deal management, and sound negotiation skills. Since we move fast here, it is imperative that you are able to thrive in a demanding fast-paced environment. We are looking for a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and rapidly shifting priorities with flexibility and patience, but also a bit of humor.
In this role you will:
- Navigate a complex commercial landscape to help design innovative financial products and services
- Draft, review, and negotiate inbound, outbound, and partnership commercial agreements from variety of domains (real estate, cloud services, marketing, etc.)
- Troubleshoot commercial issues, agilely devise workable solutions to support the business, and improve legal forms, processes, and procedures
- Educate internal business teams on contract terms, negotiation best practices, commercial implications, legal risks etc.
- Build internal processes to improve the company’s operating efficiency, and mitigate legal risk
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- Member of a US State Bar
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- 2+ years of work experience as an attorney
- Demonstrated experience leading a range of complex deal negotiations
- Proficiency managing a high volume of deals under tight deadlines with regularly shifting priorities and process updates
- Experience working with international teams and cross functionally within organizations
Some things that would be amazing to have for this role:
- Experience with software-as-a-service agreements; complex technology transactions; and joint development agreements
- 1-2 years in-house experience
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.