Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over four million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
The Securities Lending Associate Trader will be responsible for executing Robinhood Securities’ Securities Lending Trading function, to support Robinhood’s ambitious growth plans for Securities Lending. The candidate will execute our securities lending trading strategy: new counterparty onboarding, securities lending trading book management, fully paid program, equity tri-party repo funding and regulatory compliance. They will be responsible for managing regulatory risk and for compliance with Firm policy, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations. The candidate will also work cross-functionally to champion a compliant culture and business.
As a Securities Lending Associate Trader you'll:
- Be the face of RHS to the Street; acting as both an account rep, salesperson and ambassador for the firm.
- Test trading systems and processes for all aspects of Securities Lending, including the fully paid program.
- Adhere to, and remain compliant with Robinhood Securities’ Securities Lending Trading related Written Supervisory Procedures.
- Process Robinhood Securities’ regulatory inquiries, reporting and audits.
- Manage and resolve counterparty relationships and issues.
- Meet daily, weekly, monthly and annual revenue targets.
- Manage trade blotter and optimize revenue stream by renegotiating existing trade rebates.
- Execute repos, swaps, rev cons, and other securities lending trading strategies.
Some things we consider critical for the role:
- Engaging personality and excellent relationship management skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements.
- Trustworthy, self-motivated and able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- A passion for Robinhood’s product and our mission to democratize access to America’s Financial System.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- FINRA Series 7 or ability to obtain within 90 days.
- 5+ years working in a finance or product sales role.
- Proven sales track record.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.