Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
The Compliance Associate will be responsible for designing and implementing processes and controls. This includes monitoring exception reports to identify market manipulation and suspicious activity as well as drafting responses to regulatory inquiries. The associate will support the team in managing regulatory risk and monitoring customer behavior to ensure we meet our requirements under Firm policy, BSA, FinCEN guidance, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations.
As a Compliance Associate you will:
- Investigate and draft responses to regulatory inquiries
- Perform trade surveillance reports, investigate anomalies and make determinations
- Manage and resolve escalated issues from cross-functional teams
- Conduct internal testing of functional areas such as Robinhood’s Customer Identification and Know Your Customer program
- Develop and implement process improvements to increase quality and scalability
Some things we consider critical to being a Compliance Associate:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years working in compliance or a relevant function
- General understanding of brokerage operation and compliance functions
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Good written and verbal communication, analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to a changing environment
Nice to have:
- FINRA Series 7 and 24
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.