Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over four million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
The Securities Lending Operations Associate will be responsible for the execution of Robinhood Securities’ Securities Lending back office function, so it scales to support Robinhood’s ambitious growth plans for Securities Lending. The candidate will implement our securities lending back-office areas: new account onboarding, securities lending trade processing and settlements, buy ins, recalls, call-backs, fully paid program (tracking, compliance, payment) and regulatory reporting. The candidate will also process operational issues, new strategy implementation and product offerings. They will be responsible for mitigating regulatory risk and for compliance with Firm policy, SEC rules, and FINRA regulations. The candidate will also work cross-functionally to champion a compliant culture and business
As a Securities Lending Operations Associate you'll:
- Assist in the design and testing of operational procedures and processes for all aspects of Securities Lending including the fully paid program.
- Adhere to and remain compliant with Robinhood Securities’ back office related Written Supervisory Procedures.
- Process Robinhood Securities’ regulatory inquiries, reporting and audits.
- Assist management with resolving escalated issues from trading.
- Liaise with compliance, trading, and business management to ensure strategies are implemented and objectives are met.
- Act as a trusted aide de camp to the operations head.
- Execute tactics for the day to day operations of the back office.
Some things we consider critical for the role:
- Ability to learn quickly, think critically and apply problem-solving skills to resolve issues and implement process improvements.
- Trustworthy, self-motivated and able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Great communication and relationship management skills.
- A passion for Robinhood’s product and our mission to democratize access to America’s Financial System.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- FINRA Series 7 or 99.
- 5+ years working in Securities lending back office operations.
- Experience working with regulators and/or completing an SRO audit.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.