Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free investing in stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award (2015), the Google Play Award for Best Use of Material Design (2016), and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the world (2016). We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and were most recently valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is based in Menlo Park, California, and Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a Head of our Physical Security operations to design and manage the physical safety strategy for our growing offices in Menlo Park, CA and Lake Mary, FL. You will manage physical and personnel security operations to keep Robinhood and all Robinhoodies safe and secure at work while contributing to and protecting our unique company culture.
As the Head of Office Security Operations, you’ll:
- Design, deliver, and constantly work to improve the physical safety for all of our employees across all of our offices;
- Manage the day-to-day physical security and safety operations for all offices
- Create, maintain and improve security protocols and guidelines for each office, including access control standards and policies, security guard operations and deployment, technical security solutions, safety and emergency preparedness protocols and training for staff, physical security design for new and existing offices, and coordination with local law enforcement when necessary
- Attract, select, people manage, and provide direction for the highest quality security talent, including office guards, private security providers and other security personnel to optimize our security prevention footprint at multiple offices
- Audit and rate the performance of security team members as well as monitor vendor performance and expenses
- Design and drive facilities revamps and future real estate requirements / selection criteria that maximize available physical security
- Work with internal and external partners to develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) and assist with emergency response for medical, fire or other emergency incidents and ensure all office staff are trained on SOPs, emergency plans, and incident response protocols
- Perform data analysis and create benchmarking to support risk assessments and threat identification and mitigation. Create and present travel briefings as they relate to crime and health risks
- Ensure incidents are fully investigated and provide incident reports, briefings and after action recommendations to leadership
- Manage security operations budget
Some things we consider critical to being the Head of Office Security Operations:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise in conflict de-escalation and threat neutralization;
- 10+ years of industry experience in workplace security, special forces, law enforcement, or intelligence;
- Ability to design threat prevention and mitigation strategies and security protocols, test evacuation strategies and other security drills, and lead scenario planning and other disaster planning;
- Experience in a lead or management capacity and the ability to effectively manage, inspire, and grow teams across multiple offices;
- Experience working with and managing external vendors;
- Experience reviewing architectural plans and security designs;
- Ability to travel to other offices and to work nights, weekends, and holidays as operational needs dictate;
- Experience developing and maintaining a security budget;
- Highest ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- CPR/AED and Basic First Aid Qualifications are preferred.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners