About the Role
Robinhood is looking for an engineering manager to help lead the iOS engineering team. This team is responsible for Robinhood’s Apple Design Award-winning iOS app. In addition to owning the growth and output of the iOS Engineering team you will partner with other engineering managers across technical domains, including backend and data, as well as with product managers and designers to deliver world-class customer experiences.
The iOS Engineering team owns the entire Robinhood iOS app: from UI to infrastructure. You’ll be helping the team ship new functionality, build shared components, and shepherd the overall app architecture. These efforts will impact the millions of Robinhood customers that use iOS. You’ll use your deep understanding of building and scaling teams and products to help Robinhood grow.
What you’ll do day to day:
- Coach and mentor Robinhood’s iOS engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Collaborate with the Product and Design teams to deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Partner with our Recruiting team to help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing
- Work with other engineering managers to refine and improve Robinhood’s processes and systems for product development, including owning key product metrics
- Represent the team in planning and product meetings, effectively communicating the available platform features and constraints of the iOS app
What you should have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Several years of serving in an engineering management role with a team of at least ten people
- Ability to weigh several and often conflicting constraints to make rapid choices in a high-growth environment
- Experience working in a cross-functional manner, including with Design, Product Management, Backend Engineering, Data Engineering, and Data Science
Technologies we use
- Swift & Objective-C
- UIKit & Auto Layout
- Core Graphics, Core Animation, and Lottie
- VIPER-esque architecture pattern
- Core Data
Robinhood is changing the way America invests. We believe our financial system should work for everyone and not just a few. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies—all in one, user-friendly platform. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve enabled millions of people to participate in the markets, cementing us as the fastest-growing brokerage ever.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.