Robinhood is changing the way America invests. We believe our financial system should work for everyone and not just a few. We offer commission-free trading for stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies—all in one, user-friendly platform. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve enabled millions of people to participate in the markets, cementing us as the fastest-growing brokerage ever.
About the Role
Infrastructure engineering provides stable infrastructure, fully self-service developer tooling and operational guidance that enables our backend, data, security and product engineers to confidently ship complex financial systems at a breakneck pace.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will:
- Own and automate all aspects of our online serving infrastructure across all environments
- Build fully self-service tools that let engineers confidently own and operate their services
- Take an engineering-driven approach to scaling next-generation financial systems. We dive deep into systems via ad-hoc debugging, performance tuning and kernel/network stack tuning. We'll occasionally directly embed in backend teams to help drive large-scale infrastructure improvements.
- Serve in the infrastructure on-call rotation to ensure Robinhood infra is highly available for our customers and internal developers.
Some things we consider critical to being an Infrastructure Engineer:
We’re a small, dynamic team serving a highly ambitious engineering organization. Our work spans multiple areas of expertise, including site reliability, performance, productivity engineering and cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be great in a couple of these areas, but is also willing to learn, dig in and contribute across many areas. In general, you’ll need:
- Experience and empathy in building products/systems/tools for engineers
- Hands-on experience building and scaling products/systems/tools that support microservice-oriented architectures and related OSS technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Kafka, Celery/RabbitMQ, nginx, Redis, Airflow, etc)
- Experience working with cloud-native infrastructure on a public cloud (we’re an AWS shop)
- Extensive familiarity with the Linux internals and network configuration/protocols
- Strong foundation in Infrastructure as Code and configuration management using tools like Terraform, SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet
- Able to write clean and maintainable code, preferably in Python and/or Go
Some awesome projects on our roadmap:
- Transition to an immutable, container-based infrastructure on Kubernetes
- Build a self-service platform-as-a-service that enables engineers to generate, deploy and operate fully functional microservice stacks
- Build powerful deployment capabilities like canaries, blue-green deploys and traffic shifting
- Empower developers with curated, ephemeral environments for local development, integration testing and performance testing
- Research and implement service mesh for increased security and observability
- Research, define and drive Robinhood's multi-region serving strategy
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.