About the Company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. We offer commission-free* investing and trading. Investing in stocks, ETFs and options is offered through Robinhood Financial LLC. Cryptocurrency* trading is offered through Robinhood Crypto, LLC. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is a fast-growing brokerage firm with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood* is based in Menlo Park, California, Lake Mary, Florida and London, UK.
*Relevant SEC and FINRA or other fees may still apply. Please see Robinhood’s Fee Schedule at https://about.Robinhood.com/legal. Robinhood Crypto is not a member of FINRA or SIPC. Cryptocurrencies are not stocks and your cryptocurrency investments are not protected by either FDIC or SIPC insurance. Robinhood means Robinhood Markets, Inc. and its subsidiaries, including Robinhood Financial LLC (member SIPC), Robinhood Crypto, LLC, and Robinhood International, Ltd.
About the Role
Infrastructure engineering provides stable infrastructure, fully self-service developer tooling and operational guidance that enables our backend, data, security and product engineers to confidently ship complex financial systems at a breakneck pace.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will:
- Own and automate all aspects of our online serving infrastructure across all environments.
- Build fully self-service tools that allow engineers to confidently own and operate their services.
- Take an engineering-driven approach to scaling the next-generation financial systems. We dive deep into systems via ad-hoc debugging, performance tuning and kernel/network stack tuning. We'll occasionally directly embed in backend teams to help drive large-scale infrastructure improvements.
- Serve in the infrastructure on-call rotation to ensure Robinhood infra is highly available for our customers and internal developers.
Some things we consider critical to being an Infrastructure Engineer:
We’re a small, dynamic team serving a highly ambitious engineering organization. Our work spans multiple areas of expertise, including site reliability, performance, productivity engineering and cloud infrastructure. The ideal candidate will be great in a couple of these areas, but is also willing to learn, dig in and contribute across many areas. In general, you’ll need:
- Experience and empathy in building products/systems/tools for engineers.
- Hands-on experience building and scaling products/systems/tools that support microservice-oriented architectures and related OSS technologies (e.g. Kubernetes, Kafka, Celery/RabbitMQ, nginx, Redis, Airflow, etc).
- Experience working with cloud-native infrastructure on a public cloud (we’re an AWS shop).
- Extensive familiarity with the Linux internals and network configuration/protocols.
- Strong foundation in Infrastructure as Code and configuration management using tools like Terraform, SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Ability to write clean and maintainable code, preferably in Python and/or Go.
Some awesome projects on our roadmap:
- Transition to an immutable, container-based infrastructure on Kubernetes
- Build a self-service platform-as-a-service that enables engineers to generate, deploy and operate fully functional microservice stacks
- Build powerful deployment capabilities like canaries, blue-green deploys and traffic shifting
- Empower developers with curated, ephemeral environments for local development, integration testing and performance testing
- Research and implement service mesh for increased security and observability
- Research, define and drive Robinhood's multi-region serving strategy
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Robinhood does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.