Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over four million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
Robinhood is hiring infrastructure engineers to build the most reliable, scalable, performant and secure financial services platform in the world. Our team provides stable infrastructure, world-class tooling and operational guidance that enables our backend, data and product engineers to confidently ship complex financial systems at a breakneck pace.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will:
- Own and operate all aspects of our online serving infrastructure across all environments.
- Support engineers in building next-generation financial systems. This can be anything from ad-hoc debugging efforts to being directly embedded on a team supporting a large-scale infrastructure rollout
- Automate anything and everything, including yourself
- Serve in the operations on-call rotation to ensure Robinhood infra is highly available for our customers and internal developers.
Some things we consider critical to being an Infrastructure Engineer:
We’re a small, dynamic team serving a highly ambitious engineering organization. Our work spans multiple areas of expertise, including site reliability, performance, productivity engineering, cloud infrastructure and operations. The ideal candidate will be great in a couple of these areas, but is also willing to learn, dig in and contribute across many areas. In general, you’ll need:
- Experience and empathy in building products/systems/tools for engineers
- Hands-on experience building and scaling products/systems/tools that support microservice-oriented architectures and related OSS technologies (e.g. Kafka, Celery/RabbitMQ, Redis, Airflow)
- Experience working with cloud-native infrastructure on a public cloud (we’re an AWS shop)
- Extensive familiarity with the Linux internals
- Strong foundation in Infrastructure as Code and configuration management using tools like Terraform, SaltStack, Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Able to write clean and maintainable code, preferably in Python and/or Go.
Some awesome projects on our roadmap:
- Transition to an immutable, container-based infrastructure via tools like Kubernetes and Docker.
- Rebuild our continuous delivery systems to enable simpler, faster, and more robust build and release processes (e.g. canary deployments).
- Build out a GraphQL backend to simplify and speed up data delivery to our client applications.
- Build infrastructure and test harnesses for continuous end-to-end and integration testing.
- Ferry teams through our monolith to microservices transition via tooling and service splitting efforts as needed.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.