Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over four million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
The finance and control group is primarily responsible for the firm compliance with SEC, FINRA and other regulatory agencies rules and regulations. The group compiles, reviews and prepares regulatory and financial reporting of the company, including but not limited to, customer and PAB reserve computation (SEA Rule 15c3-3), net capital computation 15c3-1 and FOCUS with all the supplemental schedules. The financial analyst will be in charge of preparing and assisting in producing these computations and reports.
Some things we consider critical to being a Financial Analyst:
- Prepare weekly and month end customer and PAB reserve computation as per SEA Rule 15c3-3
- Prepare periodical net capital computation as per SEA Rule 15c3-1
- Prepare/assist in the preparation of monthly FOCUS and supplemental schedules
- Prepare accurate and complete reconciliation of ledgers and research to make sure open items and discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly financial review report
- At minimum a Bachelor degree in accounting, finance and other related fields
- 3-5 years in accounting/finance experience, preferably in broker dealer industry
- Have a working knowledge of SEA Rule 15c3-1, 15c3-3
- Brokerage accounting/finance and back office operational knowledge
- Demonstrate problem solving and attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with strong MS Excel skills required
- Series 27 highly preferable
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.