Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Since our public launch in 2015, we’ve cemented our position as the fastest-growing brokerage with millions of users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood received recognition with the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed by top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Ribbit Capital, a16z, and GV, as well as individuals such as Jared Leto, Ashton Kutcher, John Legend, Snoop Dogg, and Nas.
About the Financial Analyst role:
The finance and control group is primarily responsible for the firm compliance with SEC, FINRA and other regulatory agencies rules and regulations. The group compiles, reviews and prepares regulatory and financial reporting of the company, including but not limited to, customer and PAB reserve computation (SEA Rule 15c3-3), net capital computation 15c3-1 and FOCUS with all the supplemental schedules. The financial analyst will be in charge of preparing and assisting in producing these computations and reports.
Some things we consider critical to being a Financial Analyst:
- Prepare weekly and month end customer and PAB reserve computation as per SEA Rule 15c3-3
- Prepare periodical net capital computation as per SEA Rule 15c3-1
- Prepare/assist in the preparation of monthly FOCUS and supplemental schedules
- Prepare accurate and complete reconciliation of ledgers and research to make sure open items and discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- Prepare monthly financial review report
- At minimum a Bachelor degree in accounting, finance and other related fields
- 3-5 years in accounting/finance experience, preferably in broker dealer industry
- Have a working knowledge of SEA Rule 15c3-1, 15c3-3
- Brokerage accounting/finance and back office operational knowledge
- Demonstrate problem solving and attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with strong MS Excel skills required
- Series 27 highly preferable