Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over four million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Head of Internal Communications to inform us about corporate, product, and employee announcements as well as inspire us to do our best work. As the first internal communications team member, you will report to the Head of Communications and work closely with the Executive Team. You will ensure efficient information sharing across the entire organization, currently consisting of 150+ team members across two offices. This is a great opportunity to develop an internal communications strategy from the ground up for a fast-growing company with a stacked roadmap.
As a Head of Internal Communications you will:
- Define a strong internal communications strategy from scratch and implement it across the entire organization
- Champion our mission by collaborating with the People/Exec Team on company values, and organize events and programs to inspire employees about the mission’s importance
- Run all elements of internal events (all-hands, speaker series, hackathons, info-sessions) such as logistics, agenda, content development, speaker prep, and more
- Partner with the People team on employee program rollouts, change management, company values, and employment branding
- Experiment with and select new programs and mediums to communicate with the organization, such as TV screens, newsletters, Slack, wikis etc.
- Travel to other offices when necessary, including our regional office in Orlando, FL, and build out internal communications strategies
- Energize the company through events and incorporate fun ways to celebrate company milestones and individual wins
- Coordinate and collaborate closely with the larger Communications & PR team, as well as teams including: Office Management, Content, People, as well as the Executive Team.
Some things we consider critical to being a Head of Internal Communications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years running internal communications or management experience within a larger communications team
- Experience working with teams across multiple offices and timezones
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects and initiatives
- Experience working directly with CEOs and executive leadership
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters