Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over four million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Social Media Manager to craft Robinhood’s voice on social media channels, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other channels. This is a great opportunity to create a cohesive and winning social media strategy from scratch for one of the most exciting startups with a very active, loyal customer base. You will report into and work closely with our Head of Communications to support corporate announcements, product launches, marketing campaigns, and more.
As a Social Media Manager you will:
- Lead Robinhood’s overall social media strategy across multiple channels
- Run smart social media campaigns for various product launches, in coordination with marketing and PR
- Generate compelling visual assets for appropriate channels, especially Instagram
- Create and keep up with content calendars and schedules
- Monitor, measure, and analyze performance of content using tracking, data-analytics, and measurement tools
- Explore and experiment with new social media channels, strategies, and techniques as needed
- Work collaboratively with various teams (marketing, PR, design, product) to stay aligned on product launches, campaigns, and branding
- Develop a style and tone guide for Robinhood’s Social Media voice
- Respond to questions and lead conversations on channels, especially Twitter
- Coordinate and liaise with the Support team as needed
Some things we consider critical to being a Social Media Manager:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years managing social media strategy and campaigns for an established brand
- Strong familiarity with social media platforms and tools
- Adept writing skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Strong familiarity with tools such as Buffer, Respondly, Sprinklr
- Photoshop, Illustrator and/or design & copywriting skills are a huge plus
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters