Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over four million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
As our Tax Management Associate you'll:
- Maintain customer tax information for the purposes of monthly statements and annual tax reporting.
- Possess knowledge of the IRS regulations that govern withholding and information reporting regulations (i.e. FATCA, backup withholding and NRA).
- Serve as a subject matter expert associated with Tax Withholding and Reporting.
- Be responsible for data preparation and reporting processes.
Some things we consider critical to being our Tax Management Associate:
- Research and maintain withholding rate for all US states and foreign territories
- Remit all withholding to state and federal taxing authorities
- Determine the tax implications for corporate actions such as Mergers, Spin-Off Distributions, Exchange Offers, and Bankruptcies
- Affect the creation of tax forms (1099-B, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV etc.) and making those documents available to customers via paper or e-delivery as well as sending the data to tax authorities
- Withhold any capital gains or other distributions as required by state or federal law, make payments of these withholdings to the proper tax authority
- Review issues from external business partners and determine an appropriate course of actions to find a solutions
- Facilitate the processing of annual tax forms by reconciling tax data, validating exceptions and working with external vendors.
- General understanding of brokerage operation
- Strong self-starter with ability to work independently
- Strong data query skills
- Solid communication and analytical skills with a proven ability to develop effective relationships with external and internal business partners
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and adapt to changing environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Accounting, Finance or Economics
- 2+ years experience working in the financial services industry,preferably a Clearing Broker/Dealer environment, with an emphasis on retail tax reporting
- Familiarity brokerage operations
- Knowledge of federal and state tax laws and regulations
- FINRA Series 7 or ability to attain within six months
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.