Robinhood is democratizing access to America’s financial system. Our platform offers commission-free investing in U.S. stocks, ETFs, options, and cryptocurrencies. Robinhood Financial, our broker-dealer, is the fastest-growing brokerage ever, with over four million users and billions of dollars in transaction volume. Robinhood has received the Apple Design Award, the Google Material Design Award, and was named Fast Company’s 11th Most Innovative Company in the World.
We’re backed with $539 million in capital from top-tier investors such as DST Global, NEA, Index Ventures, Thrive Capital, Sequoia, and KPCB, and valued at $5.6 billion. Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California with a regional office in Lake Mary, Florida.
About the Role
Robinhood is hiring infrastructure engineers to build the most reliable, scalable and performant financial services platform in the world. Though infrastructure engineers will do a lot of the initial heavy lifting in these areas, we want to empower our entire engineering team to wholly own these aspects of their systems by modernizing the codebase and by providing a solid foundation of libraries and tools.
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will:
- Drive performance and reliability efforts by building common functionality, fixing bottlenecks and advising other engineers. This could involve both exploratory work via server-side profiling, database query monitoring and load testing, as well as implementation efforts like service splitting/decoupling and call graph optimization.
- Build out great common libraries to form the foundation of infrastructure.
- Improve observability into our systems through quality logging infrastructure, request tracing, and solid metrics.
- Work with our Ops team to improve deployments and server configuration management.
Some things we consider critical to being a Infrastructure Engineer:
- Intimately familiar with challenges associated with distributed systems and a service-oriented architecture. Experience with Kafka/Confluent and/or RabbitMQ/Celery a plus.
- Able to write high quality code, preferably in Python and/or Go.
- Knowing your way around a Linux shell.
- Familiar with tools used for tracing and profiling, like bcc/BPF, pprof, SQL query analysis tools, log/metrics analytics, etc.
- 2+ years of experience as an infrastructure engineer or related role e.g. Tools, SRE, Devops where coding is a primary focus.
- Experience in and passion for building tools and systems for other engineers.
- Experience working in a 50 to 500 person engineering organization preferred.
Some awesome projects on our roadmap:
- Splitting our monolith into microservices written in Python and Go
- Scaling and refactoring our Kafka cluster to support new product, analytics and operations use cases
- Rolling out distributed tracing across all our services and squashing performance bottlenecks
- Working with our Ops team in migrating to immutable deployments with Docker and Kubernetes
- Building infrastructure and test harnesses for continuous e2e and integration testing
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Robinhood does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any person or email address at Robinhood prior to obtaining a signed agreement from Recruiting/HR. Robinhood is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent without an agreement in place will be considered your company's gift to Robinhood and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention