at Road to Hire
Applications are due August 22, 2021
Tech puts your future in your hands. Here at Road to Hire, we believe your hard work should be met with opportunity. But breaking through in tech is challenging, and we know it takes a village. If you’re ready to learn and be part of a community, this is the apprenticeship for you. This is tech taught for YOU, by leaders here for YOU. Together, we remain a part of the solution and bring diversity, equity and inclusion into the workforce.
About Joining this Apprenticeship:
This is a rigorous, six-month, PAID apprenticeship. You’ll be paired with strong mentorship along the way and learn the skills you need to pursue high-paying tech careers at premier Richmond employers like Bank of America where Road to Hire continues to support you for a full year.
When you join this cohort, you join a community. It will be your job to lift your peers as you climb, and in return, you can trust that they will do the same for you.
Coding Apprenticeship starts October 11, 2021!!
- Version Control: Git and GitHub
- Back-End Technologies: Node.js, MySQL, MongoDB
- Agile Training
- Web Security
- Professional Development: Presentation Skills, Resume building, LinkedIn, Email etiquette, etc.
What we are looking for:
Coding and tech experience are NOT required. However, successful candidates will be excited about a career in tech, curious to learn, and open to feedback. Strong candidates will embrace four core values:
- Invest in Yourself - Take advantage of every opportunity to learn, grow and stay uncomfortable
- Value your Team - Embrace diversity of thought and experience, learn with and from each other, and consistently strive to support and help one another
- Leave it Better Than You Found It - Treat your team and your physical environment as a reflection of your legacy
- Win the Right Way - Make ethical decisions that benefit the greater good
- High school graduate or GED
- Live in the Richmond metropolitan area
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25
- Have authorization to work in the US
- Be a member of a group that is historically underrepresented in tech
- Must not have an advanced degree (Bachelor's Degree or higher)
You will be:
- More Marketable - Equipped with the skills and knowledge to be comfortable and confident in navigating future growth opportunities in your career
- More Independent - Equipped with the tools to gain more control of your life and have a strong foundation upon which to build lifelong habits for success
- More Connected - Become part of a network of young professionals and be exposed to rich cultural experiences
- More Confident - Empowered to let your voice be heard and your story be told
Who we are:
Road to Hire provides young adults with paid professional development and technical training - opening a direct pathway into high-earning careers. Apprentices will experience hands-on tech and professional training that lead to full-time jobs in tech, thus breaking down economic mobility barriers and paving the way for companies to grow talent and enrich their communities. For more information, please visit our website at www.roadtohire.org. Have a couple questions? Find out if they are answered here: https://roadtohire.org/apprenticeships/tech/faq/