Charlotte, North Carolina
Tech puts your future in your hands. Here at Road to Hire, we believe your hard work should be met with opportunity; and, with a focus in tech, doors will be opened that will shift your life’s trajectory. But it’s not easy. Breaking through in tech is challenging, and we know it takes a village. If you’re ready to learn and be part of a community, this is the fellowship for you. This is tech taught for YOU, by leaders here for YOU.
Only 12% of computer programmers are Black or Latinx and fewer than half of those are Black or Latinx women—tech can do better. Together, we remain a part of the solution and bring diversity, equity and inclusion into the workforce.
About Joining this Fellowship:
This is a rigorous, six-month, PAID fellowship. You’ll be paired with strong mentorship along the way and learn the skills you need to pursue high-paying tech careers at premier Charlotte employers like Bank of America, Red Ventures, and Atrium Health.
When you join this cohort, you join a community. It will be your job to lift your peers as you climb, and in return, you can trust that they will do the same for you.
Diversity Coding Fellowship Gateway will start in August 2020
What we are looking for:
To be successful in our program, you should hold true to our four core values:
- Invest in Yourself - Take advantage of every opportunity to learn, grow and stay uncomfortable
- Value your Team - Embrace diversity of thought and experience, learn with and from each other, and consistently strive to support and help one another
- Leave it Better Than You Found It - Look the part, act the part, and treat your physical environment as a reflection of your legacy
- Win the Right Way - Make ethical decisions that benefit the great good
- High school graduate or GED
- Live in the Charlotte metropolitan area
- Must be between the ages of 18 and 25
- Must have work authorization to work in the US
- Must be a member of a historically underrepresented group
You will become:
- More Marketable - Equipped with the skills and knowledge to find the job you want and navigate future growth opportunities in your career
- More Independent - Equipped with the tools to gain more control of your life and have a strong foundation upon which to build lifelong habits for success
- More Connected - Part of a network of young, diverse professionals who are making a change in the industry as it exists today and exposed to rich cultural experiences
- More Confident - Empowered to let your voice be heard and your story be told
Who we are:
Road to Hire provides young adults with paid professional development and technical training - opening a direct pathway into high-earning careers. Road to Hire provides students in the Carolinas with hands-on tech and professional training, breaking down economic mobility barriers and paving the way for other companies to grow talent and enrich their communities. For more information, please visit our website at www.roadtohire.org. Have a couple questions? Find out if they are answered here: https://roadtohire.org/fellowships/tech/faq/