The Instructional Design Leader for Road to Hire will support the Road to Hire programs including Road to Hire Pathways, Golden Door Scholarships, Road to Hire Apprenticeships and/or Road to Hire HBCU Fellowships. The Instructional Design Leader should be motivated by the opportunity to develop and create opportunities for under-resourced young adults in our community.
The Instructional Design Leader will assist in auditing and building curriculum designed to educate young adults on professional development, life skills and post-high-school career paths. To date, the curriculum covers core professionalism and career readiness skills, such as personal brand, email etiquette, resumes and cover letters, interview prep, the college application process and other career readiness skills.
The Instructional Design Leader should have an eye for designing curriculum that is equitable and inclusive to meet the needs of the Road to Hire students.
What you’ll Do:
- Audit curriculum to ensure that the content is inclusive and unbiased for the students in our program.
- Apply instructional design theories and best practices while partnering directly with subject matter experts to develop engaging content for varied Road to Hire audiences.
- Use varied design modes (online, webinar, etc.) with clear strategies and tactics to achieve desired learning outcomes in an innovative and technically advanced learning environment
- Contribute new ideas on how to iterate on and improve the current curriculum
- Write, edit and proofread content for correct grammar, punctuation, style and accuracy
- 2 - 3 years experience building instructional design and curriculum using a variety of methods and tools
- Creative thinker that can iterate current curriculum and design new content
- Accountable team player with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment where you’ll be expected to be adaptable in order to meet deadlines
- Strategic thinker able to quickly identify the needs of a class and adapt curriculum/trainings to fit those needs
- Comfortable working autonomously
- Passionate about diversity, equity and inclusion
- Alignment with Road to Hire’s core beliefs and educational philosophy
- Comfortable with receiving and giving real time feedback
- Experience coaching others through the implementation of learning content
Who We Are:
Road to Hire, a Charlotte-area 501(c)3 nonprofit organization hosted by Red Ventures, is a portfolio of community programs committed to breaking down economic mobility barriers and paving the way for young people to access equitable, opportunity-rich futures. Road to Hire programs include:
- R2H Apprenticeships: provides paid professional training in tech and other fields for under-served young adults
- Golden Door Scholars: grants college scholarships and wraparound college success support to high-achieving DACAmented and undocumented students
- R2H Pathways: partners with Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools to serve seniors at six high-poverty high schools; this support includes paid internships, in-school classes, college and career preparation
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact accommodation.