We are pleased that you have made the decision to apply for the Road to Hire Scholarship. Road to Hire is a non-profit that aims to help great talent find great career options.
As a part of our mission, we will support motivated students in pursuing their dream of attaining higher education. In addition, the Road to Hire Scholarship will also provide financial and career planning support to the chosen recipients. Road to Hire believes that we can impact economic mobility in the Charlotte metro area through educational opportunities, mentorship and career planning.
Road to Hire Scholarship recipients will receive this scholarship beginning Fall semester, 2020. Students currently enrolled in Garinger High School’s Road to Hire Tech in Schools program are eligible for this scholarship to attend UNC Charlotte. Please review the important information below prior to submitting your Road to Hire Scholarship application.
- Application deadline is 12/1/19 at 11:59pm EST
- Applications received after 11:59pm EST on Sunday, 12/1/19 will not be considered.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis
- Applicants should be in good academic standing. *high school and college transcripts DO NOT need to be official versions; you may scan and upload the transcript
- Applicants should be in good standing in Road to Hire Tech in Schools program.
- Applicants MUST reside in the greater Charlotte Metro region (within a 25-mile radius of Charlotte, North Carolina).
- Applicants must be Pell Grant eligible. See the attached link for Pell Grant Qualifications. https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/grants-scholarships/pell
- Applicants must apply and be accepted to UNC Charlotte.
Road to Hire Scholarship recipients will have access to mentors, assistance in pursuing internships and other career-building opportunities, and will serve in a limited advisorship capacity for Road to Hire.
Partially completed applications cannot be saved and completed later. Please review all of the information provided before beginning your application.