RIXO is looking for an experienced and creative Events and Project Manager to concept, produce and execute all RIXO community projects. From intimate events in our pop up shops, to fashion week, press/influencer events and experiential projects across the UK and abroad - as we grow the RIXO brand overseas.
In this newly created role within the RIXO Marketing team you will have a wide and evolving remit, reporting directly into our Community Manager and working closely with the founders of the brand. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and delivering events throughout the core marketing calendar, whilst also working across adhoc community based initiatives.
The ideal applicant will have strong experience in both the fashion and events worlds - and the ability to work with autonomy in a fast-paced, start-up environment. You will have enormous freedom within a rapidly growing brand and very dynamic, creative team. We are looking for someone who knows and loves the RIXO brand, but most of all wants to be part of bringing the brand to life in the real world with dedication, vision and passion.
What you’ll do:
- In close partnership with the co-founder and marketing team, you’ll identify key event moments in the annual marketing calendar
- Supported by our in-house creative and marketing team, plan and create our ongoing series of brand events
- Work cross-functionally with channel owners to ensure consistency of messaging across activations
- Define the RIXO event strategy, including success metrics and objectives
Community Events & RIXO bus
- Partner with the marketing team to ideate and execute events within our pop-up stores
- Plan, manage and execute a series of national events on our branded RIXO bus
- Manage any events with our brand and wholesale partners
- Manage overseas events and partner events, as we grow the brand overseas
- Liaise with marketing and PR teams to promote events
- You will be set KPIs against Community events that drive social media engagement, sales and newsletter sign-ups
London Fashion Week
- Support the team with pre-production and planning for RIXO presentations/shows
- Source and liaise with brand sponsors, with support from Community Executive
- Execute and manage LFW presentation alongside the core RIXO team and third party suppliers
- Manage any supporting events with press and community
Press and Influencers
- We plan to host a number of ad hoc events across the year for press and influencers, including our new Icons of RIXO ambassador programme
- Support the marketing and press teams with event planning and execution
Who you are:
- You are an experienced and autonomous events manager, with 4+ years’ experience
- Exceptionally proactive, well organised and efficient, with the ability to work to challenging deadlines with changing priorities
- You are highly creative with a track record of creating innovative and impactful events
- You are energetic, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- You are outgoing and personable, with strong relationships and contacts in the industry
- Solutions focused with a ‘can do’ attitude, never complacent and constantly looking for new and improved ways of doing things
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels across the business
- Good knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word
We’ll give you some bonus points for:
- Specific experience in the fashion / retail sector, ideally with a premium brand
- Experience in a rapidly growing start-up or direct-to-consumer brand
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world - from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As a RIXO team member, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.