Head of Customer
RIXO is looking for an exceptional, highly commercial Head of Customer. In this newly created role, you’ll be responsible for maximising customer engagement, loyalty, retention and revenue in our direct channels – both on and offline. You’ll establish a market-leading loyalty programme that supports the growth of our direct-to-consumer business, and ensure the customer is front-and-centre of decision making across the business. The successful candidate will be obsessed with the customer experience and have a strong commercial mindset, with an excellent understanding of customer data and the ability to use customer analytics to develop and optimise engagement strategies. This role will have a wide and evolving remit during this important period of growth, and you’ll be excited by the opportunity to roll up your sleeves and build from a blank canvas.
This role has the potential to be a career-defining opportunity for a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced, start-up, creative environment. The ideal candidate for this role will have demonstrated success in a similar role in a dynamic and creative marketing team, bringing a track record of delivering large scale, multi-channel, multi stakeholder campaigns and programmes, while demonstrating the ability to articulate an appropriate vision and translate that into effective strategies and plans
What you’ll do:
- Lead, design and deploy the global Customer Loyalty Marketing Strategy with the purpose of increasing engagement, loyalty, retention, segment migration, and LTV
- In partnership with the Business Insight Lead, identify commercially relevant RIXO customer segments, & subsequently develop and appropriate strategies to optimise LTV in each segment
- Develop robust loyalty propositions across the engaged customer base
- Manage the investment in existing customer initiatives, understanding the customer financials to build cost-effective programs.
- Work closely with the Marketing team on the customer initiative calendar
- In partnership with the Business Insight Lead, identify the key moments of the customer experience which impact Loyalty and Retention and develop programs around these moments (e.g. pre and post-purchase experience)
- Lead, design and deploy the customer loyalty marketing strategy with the purpose of increasing engagement, retention & LTV
- Manage the subscriber contact strategy, ensuring we have effective, targeted and timely communications across the entire customer lifecycle that drive subscriber engagement, loyalty and LTV
- Establish and manage the customer referral program to increase the referral rate of the existing customer base & acquire high-value customers
- Partner with the community team to establish ambassador programme
- Be the voice of the customer internally, ensuring that decision making is optimised for the customer and informed by quantitative and qualitative customer insight
- Incorporate insights / feedback derived from the customer happiness team to further enhance the customer journey and experience across all touch points / channels
- Partner with Head of E-Commerce to develop customer/community focussed digital touch points
Who you are:
- You are an experienced customer marketing leader, with 7+ years’ progressive experience in CRM / retention / loyalty, ideally in a direct-to-consumer retail business
- You’re obsessed with customer experience, curious about customer innovation from brands across all industries, and constantly ideating ways to improve customer experience
- You are highly numerate, analytical and data-driven, with experience with working with large data sets and the application of segmentation; comfortable interpreting data and translating that into customer campaigns including the analysis and reporting to all levels
- You’re highly commercial, have the ability to think both strategically and tactically, and are able to react and adapt to support the trading environment
- You are energetic, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment; and very comfortable with frequent change
- Solutions focused with a ‘can do’ attitude, never complacent and constantly looking for new and improved ways of doing things
- Exceptionally proactive, well organised and efficient, with a good dose of common sense
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels across the business
- Strong organisational skills, ability to work to challenging deadlines with changing priorities
- Good knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word
We’ll give you some bonus points for:
- Specific experience in the fashion / retail sector, ideally with a premium brand
- Experience in a rapidly growing start-up or direct-to-consumer brand
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world - from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As a RIXO team member, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.