Junior Wholesale & Marketing Account Manager
RIXO is looking for an experienced, sales-focussed and commercial Wholesale Account Manager. In this newly created role, you’ll be responsible for developing and nurturing our key wholesale accounts, using creative & forward-thinking marketing ideas to support relationships. This role has the potential to be a career-defining opportunity for a self-starter who thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment. The ideal candidate for this role will be dynamic, well-presented and have good experience in international wholesale sales; have demonstrated success and confidence in driving sales growth in both new and existing accounts. You’ll report to our Wholesale Manager and be based at our office in West London, with in-season travel.
What you’ll do:
International and Domestic Sales
- Actively drive seasonal RIXO collections to active key and new accounts
- Supporting the sales strategy under the Wholesale Manager
- Engaged with seasonal sales targets by store, country and region annually and per season lead by Wholesale Manager
- Identify and develop domestic and International accounts and partnerships
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with retailers, supporting existing accounts with relevant advice to optimise selling opportunities
- Monitor and maintain sell through in existing stores; action stock swaps, returns etc.
- Work alongside the Wholesale and Merchandising Admin Assistant on weekly tasks, ensuring you have strong communication within the team
- Schedule and prioritise in store training and trunk shows to ensure the brand is represented correctly at all times
Marketing and Communications
- Working very closely to support trade with our WS accounts in-store/online teams, pushing key/slow sellers with the relevant marketing teams and communicating this back to our in-house press and sales team.
- Develop a marketing calendar to push and plan specific WS launches in new & innovative ways.
- Take ownership of exclusive collections – preparing launches and supporting the buying teams by being on top of their marketing and social teams
- Flexibility to travel to build relationships with teams in stores – including personal shopping, floor managers, visual merchandising and marketing.
- Be a vital link of communication between the press and sales team
Who you are:
- You have 4+ years experience working in-house or in a multi brand showroom with strong commercial awareness and interest in fashion and wholesale.
- You have the skill set to help build a brand with strong relationships in both sales and marketing.
- You have excellent industry knowledge with regards to wholesale business practices, negotiations, margins and pricing structures
- You’re target driven with good negotiation and presentation skills: you’re savvy and the thrill of a target achieved
- You have the ability to work under pressure, proactively and self-motivated
- You have excellent communication skills both written and verbal, and the ability to build relationships at all levels across the business
- You’re highly numerate, able to interpret and present sales data
- You have strong organisational skills, ability to work to challenging deadlines with changing priorities
- You have interest, enthusiasm and passion for premium quality product
- You have the ability to think both strategically and tactically, and are able to react and adapt to support the trading environment
- You are energetic, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment; and very comfortable with frequent change
- You have flexibility to work longer hours during the selling season as well as travel abroad
We’ll give you some bonus points for:
- Specific experience with a premium brand
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world - from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
Of course, all work and no play makes an extremely dull office, and no one likes an extremely dull office. (We sure don’t.) As a RIXO team member, you can look forward to company outings, guest speakers, volunteering opportunities, and other brain- (and/or taste-bud-) stimulating activities. It also doesn’t hurt that our team is just great company.
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.