RIXO is growing its in-house communications team, and we are now looking for a Communications Officer to support us building our brand awareness and reputation as we expand into new markets globally. In this exciting newly created role, you’ll support the development of our communications strategy, whilst taking the lead on much of the day-to-day running of the UK press office. You will report into our Global Communications Manager and work from our headquarters in West London.
The ideal candidate for this role has cut their teeth with at least 4 years’ experience in an energetic press office (premium fashion experience strongly preferred), either brand or agency, has a strong understanding of the RIXO brand story, and is ready to bring that experience and develop their career with RIXO, being ready to roll up their sleeves and contribute proactively in a fast-paced, start-up environment.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with RIXO Founder and Global Communications Manager and other areas of the business to contribute to a structured and comprehensive communications strategy and calendar to promote and tell the RIXO story
- Research & creative ideation: identify key publications, pages and forsee opportunities to engage media, as well as working closely with other areas of the business to proactively identify news-worthy product and brand stories, hero product or pieces that require press attention
- Liaise with a wide range of international press, VIPs, influencers and stylists on a daily basis and facilitating in a timely manner all requests, especially leading on day to day relations with UK and European markets establishing and nurturing relationships and brand affinity
- Proactively outreach to media to pitch news, collections, events and stockists (relevant to the media’s given market) to secure widespread coverage
- Assist Communications Manager with the organisation of press trips & appointments for RIXO founders
- Contribute to the organisation and strategy for relevant press events, such as London Fashion Week presentation, from planning stages to event execution and post-event
Press Office Management
- Evaluate and manage media enquiries (interviews, quotes etc) on behalf of RIXO founders
- Management of creation of all press assets, from press releases to imagery and look books
- Liaise with Communications & Marketing teams for key stockists - manage the creation and seasonal distribution of press release and imagery (relevant to their buy) to communications & marketing teams for some of RIXO’s key stockists, to ensure the RIXO brand is constantly promoted
- Databases- constantly keep up to date on key editorial team changes and update these in central press databases for national and international press contacts across broadcast, print and online, as well as compilation of specialist press lists as required for events and specific news
- Coaching and mentoring – managing Communications Assistant and junior members of the team
Who you are:
- You have substantial and proven experience (minimum of four years’ experience) working in the press office of a global brand or at an agency
- You have built and maintained relationships with key press contacts in UK & preferably some European markets and have good knowledge of the media landscape in these regions
- You are an extremely well-organised and efficient self-starter with a strong work ethic and desire to go above and beyond in your role
- You have clear knowledge of what makes a good press story and can think on your feet to answer incoming press queries and creatively pitch interesting angles
- You are excited about the prospect of managing and growing junior team members
- You are a savvy and proactive solutions-based problem solver able to work under pressure
- You are a friendly team player- collaborative and adaptable, able to work with various functions in an exciting fast paced business
- You are a confident storyteller who can give external stakeholders an insightful and inspiring overview of the brand
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You have an enthusiastic and creative approach to communications and the confidence to put forward ideas
We’ll give you some bonus points for:
- An additional European language
RIXO’s story began in 2015 in the London living room of best friends Henrietta Rix & Orlagh McCloskey, born from their passion for vintage. Our philosophy is to evoke a wanderlust & free spirit in all our wearers, filling a gap in the contemporary market with easy-to-wear, feminine shapes and high-quality materials. Always inclusive, always empowering, we create a fusion of original hand-painted prints and timeless silhouettes to flatter every woman, irrespective of age, season, size, nationality or time of day.
In the last three years, we’ve grown quickly and are now stocked by over 100 wholesale partners across the world - from Net a Porter and My Theresa online, to Selfridges, Saks Fifth Avenue and David Jones across the globe in the real world. We recently won the Drapers Award for Premium Brand of the year, and we’re only just getting started!
Some benefits & perks of working at RIXO:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays each year
- Company pension
- Regular team events where we celebrate our success and our people
- RIXO birthday and festive gifts, plus a generous staff discount programme
- And more (just ask!)
RIXO is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity. If you require any reasonable adjustments to complete your application, please do not hesitate to advise us accordingly.